Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

JD 270DLC Engine Torque

J&R Con · 2023-05-24 16:56

Couple of quick questions In my service menu I have a "Engine Torque" reading, it shows -------. How is this information derived? Id like to fix the blank reading if possible Also have an "Ambient Air temp" that reads blank as well. Which sensor gives that feedback? I have the solenoid on my engine fan unplugged because it would never turn up the pressure and increase fan speed, or reverse the fan. So im wondering if these are connected?

Replies5
  1. #1Diesel Dave2023-05-24 17:45

    I have no ideas on the “Engine Torque“ scenario. . That should be the ambient air temperature sensor #11 in the screenshot below. https://partscatalog.deere.com/jdrc/sidebyside/equipment/78624/referrer/navigation/pgId/350677 . An issue would have set a service code as well.

  2. #2mg23612023-05-25 05:03

    That reading is not available on the Deere engine powered Deere/Hitachi excavator. That is why there are dashes in there instead of a reading.

  3. #3J&R Con2023-05-25 11:47

    Thanks Dave, I also found this sensor in the ac section. Although my "Manifold Air Temp" reading is blank as well, so i probably need both!? MG2361 I think your right about the Engine torque reading, the manuel shows nothing for it either even tho it does list it in the readings. Ive been fighting the hydraulics getting to hot on this machine. and I've done a ton to try to fix it with no avail. Spec is 55c, but mine wants to run at 70c if were working it. At that point it gets a little slower, and the swing starts giving issues. Like if your swinging around and you let go of the joystick to stop, immediately the brake will engage and stop you on a dime. Or you may be stopped and then go to swing around and it will swing around real slow and weak. Then all of the sudden it will get full power. These issues only show up when you get it hot (which standard digging will do), otherwise the swing is stout and fast. We fully dissembled the swing motor and all looked good, we did replace the Poppets inside but nothing else except the o rings. So Im not sure if these issues are pointing to the problem or are just a side effect of getting to hot.

  4. #4mg23612023-05-26 05:02

    In the service menu, did you access troubleshooting and look for codes? For your manifold temp, I would have hooked up Service Advisor to see if those readings show in the program's readings pane. I am not sure how many parameters the ECU shares with the machines main controller or monitor.

  5. #5J&R Con2023-05-28 22:22

    Yes, only code is for the turbo actuator, which is another issue I've got to work out. Unfortunately, I don't have ser advisor. Sure wish I did