Hi, I have a Bradco 611 backhoe and I am connecting to my cat 246 skidloader, does anyone have experience with the type of over-ride I will need to be able to run my back-hoe with the skidloader hydrolics while not sitting in the seat of the loader? Any help would be appreciated, thanks
You'll need to find the seat safety switch connector and by pass it, the lap bar safety will not need to be done as you can lower it. Alternatively you could try putting some weight on the drivers seat, like a couple of bags of cement to make the safety system think there is someone sitting on the seat. WARNING if you override the safety system in this way the controls will be live all the time and if you bump them they could move the machine or raise the arm
B or C series? Both have the switch that is both a hydraulic lockout if you want to make sure you dont bump the loader control when driving around, and the other half is the override. The B series procedure is to activate continuous flow then push the switch to the override position and then lift the arm bar and go out and run your backhoe. To disengage just hit the switch again. I'm sure the C series is the same but I don't have that manual in front of me, leave it in the machine because it actually stays clean/dry enough to leave it in there.
If you use the override provided with the machine that I listed above, only the auxillary hydraulics will be live. The boom will not be nor will the drive control. Its a system that is safe yet not much of an annoyance
Thank you both for your feedback, the machine is neither a B or a C it is the first model of the 246. I will try the method that you described durallymax and see if it works on my machine, if not I think I will create a bypass switch that lights up red (or some color light) when it is in bypass mode. I have some time this weekend I hope it all works well!
I am not looking at my machine right now, but I remember seing 2 switches in the upper left corner of my cab. One I use when trenching and it locks the hydrolics on, the other does say "override" on it and I never knew what it was over-riding. Thanks. I saw on U-tube that the B and the C have a hydrolic system preassure release built into them too for the accessories. I have serious troubles getting my machine to couple from time to time, but it is very intermitent. When it does couple it is smooth as butter, but then other times it just completely refuses! I have not noticed a patern as of yet. Is there a special type of flat face coupelor that I can but to ileviate this issue? Thanks again.
No special coupler really. Just run the attachment back and forth some then shut off the skid steer. Should help some. Sometimes its not the attachement but the couplers themselves. We have workers that like to take a hammer or rock to them because they don't have the release sleeve aligned with the notches. Also make sure that anything with a ram is "relaxed". The hydraulic release is handy, but I can't say I've needed it on any of our 7 hydraulic attachments yet. Basically from what I remember you shut the machine off, turn the key back on and push and hold the button for a little while and it drains back any pressure.