My friend Jan Hofmann was to the Russian Chelyabinsk Tractor Plant for the 75th anniversary of the foundation of the factory. Bit by bit there is more information on the beginning. Caterpillar sold ±1350 Sixty tractors to Russian in the 1920, and they like them a lot . Russian engineers came to Detroit to make a deal for building there on tractors. Caterpillar engineers even help in building the first production line , and in 1933 the Stalinet- 60 get in action. later cam the S65 with a diesel engine. In 1946 the Cat D7 was copy to the S80. This tractor was very popular and became later in the 1960 the S100. Cat and Russian engineers in Detroit
Cat and Russian engineers in Detroit
S-60
S-65
S-80
S-100
Jan Hofmann with his restore T-100M in Germany.
Here some pic's from the dozers they have now in there production line.
Two more big one's
When U think they look old-fashioned , here the two new dozers for next year.
Wow...different. That S-100 is sweet.
That T-800 doesn't look to bad...but is it a Komatsu or Dresser/Dressta copycat? :stirthepot
The machines in the #8 post are almost comical. Looks to me like a modernized D8-2U
Anyone notice the strange track pads on some of those? Never seen any like that before. What's the purpose?
I think you will find that they are bolt on road pads.
UGLY! I don't get it why do Russian dozer's look so weird?
stripmine , Re looking wierd, just look at them dozers as tank parts in a war
YUP...look at how the tracks are set up on the second dozer in post 10.... look kind of familiar?...maybe kinda sorta like an M1?
Gee, the Russians bout 1,350 Cat 60's? Most of the time they buy one or two than copy it. During World War II three B-29 bombers made emergency landings in Russia. They finally released the crews, kept the airplanes, took them apart and built 129 exact copies for the Russian Airforce. I have been there and seen their "attempts" to copy and reproduce machine tools. Their maching was on a par with a "skilled chain saw operator" here in the states.
I see all those machines are in the road or a park type area, they probably put those pads on there so it wouldn't scar the concrete/asphalt up when they move them.
T800 dozer? Hi, Folks. Did anybody else take the time to do a search on that T800 dozer? If not, I'll take the hard yakka out of it for you. Here's the link. http://chtz-uraltrac.com/catalog/items/13.php THAT jigger is almost Cat D11R size - certainly bigger than a D11N. Now longevity - THAT might be a different story. Try not to get gravel rash on your eyeballs. LOL.
Oh ya, one other thing. Please don't refer to any of these as "Cats." Cats are "Cats" as in Caterpillar. Everything else is simply a crawler. That includes Deere Komatsu, Dresser, Dressta and all of the other names.
In the park? They probably don't even have engines in them. Looks like a lot of Russian kids looking at them like playground equipment.
Rusky Mounts. Deas, I have Truck Driver pals that have seen those T800 tractors perform, and they tell me they pack a good bit of " Poke " and are realy built for heavy ripping, all done by a handy shaped hook hanging on the back, the ripper seems able to stand another tractor pushing onto it for those extra tough patches, my pals also told me it was -20 below and they had not turned their Scania trucks off for 9 days, and these 100t blades were working as normal, the right odd bulldozer in those pic's is the Belaz tractor that was sold in the U.K. by Umo Plant, I think it started with compressed air and the engine powered a generator to drive it??? tctractors
Oddballs and other things. Hi, Tctractors. I guess I might just have to win the lottery and take my curiosity over there to have a look at those Russian 'Cats'. (Greg, I didn't get your check in the mail paying me to do as you order. Sorry - NOT. LOL.) Are you referring to the last photo in post #8, of the DET 250 standing alongside the T800, as being the Belaz 'tank'? Funny, that. I think it was LDK who posted that he had worked in Russia with a Russian guy - strange, that - who claimed to have run these jiggers and thought they were quite good machines. 'Corse, Russian perceptions of 'good' may be slightly at variance from our own, us being used to Cat products and all. Maybe we-us-n-co is spoiled, huh? I would like a closer look and/or further information on the track set-up on that T800. Did you notice that it didn't appear to have a front idler yoke? And that first step on the access to the radiator would not allow for a whole lot of vertical movement of the track frame. In-tresting, I thought.
That bigger Mancine looks to be a dead ringer copy for a Fiat -Allis HD-40 (????) .
Belaz Blade. Deas, the Belaz tractor is the last pic on frame 8, it has the T800 tractor in the back-ground, my pals that told me about the T800's used to take truck loads of mining/drilling gear and Chocolate??? into Russia etc as their regular work, their antics make the "Ice Road Truckers" look like parcel delivery drivers, as most of the time a road was a scarce thing, just thought I would mention the weight of the T800 is in long ton 2240 lbs=1 ton, tctractors
The T800 looks good. The rest are goofy looking things. Anyone know the specs on the T800?
The specs Diesel Engine Model 6ДМ-21Т Manufacturer Tube Motor Plant the city of Ekaterinburg Type four-stroke with direct fuel injection, liquid cooling with gas turbine charging and intermediate cooling of supercharging air Operating power, kW (hp) 603 (820) Rated speed of crankshaft, rpm 1500 Number of cylinders 6 Working capacity, l 43,64 Cylinder diameter, mm 210 Piston stroke, mm 210 Cooling system liquid Lubricating system forced with dry carter Running Gear The tractor is equipped with the elastic torsion suspension with separate cushioning of the bogie wheels. The track with a hinge of closed type is provided with lubrication during its service life. Number of bogie wheels at each side 8 Number of carrier rollers at each side 2 Tightening and recoil mechanisms hydropneumatic, collapsible type Track shoe width, mm 700 (850) Pitch, mm 290 Shoe number of a single track 79 Grouser height, mm 100 Electric Equipment Rated power, V 17,0 Generator power, kW 3,5 Number of storage batteries 4 The automatic control system (САК) allows the operator to control the unit and system both when preparing the tractor for operation and during the operation. Cab The cab is a metal construction with two seats, two-glass cover and heat-and-noise insulating coating. Its volume is 3.5 cubic meters. The cab is sealed with the rubber shock absorbers. It is equipped with a guard mounted on the tractor bearing rods. Hydraulic System The hydraulic system is two-stage separate-unit device with the gear pumps discharged at the neutral position of the attached implement control lever. The governor-selectors of the loosening and bulldozer equipment are separate. The full-flow filter is mounted on the drain pipeline into the hydraulic tank. Rated system pressure, MPa 17,0 Pressure of safety valve adjustment, MPa 17,5 Pressure at I stage (control), MPa 2,5 Capacities Fuel tank, l 2050 Cooling system, l 383 Lubrication system of engine, l 225 Gearbox and rear axle, l 200 Torque converter 200 Final drive (each) 75 Hydraulic system of attached implement 580 Conditioner 2 Bulldozer Equipment Semispherical unturning blade with hydraulic tilt Blade capacity, cubic meters 26,2 Blade width, mm 6000 Blade height, mm 2600 Maximum blade deepening, mm 800 Main cutting angle, degrees 55° Cutting angle change, degrees 50°-60° Blade transverse tilt angle to each side, degrees 8° Blade hydraulic cylinders: - lifting 2 - tilting 1 Bulldozer equipment weight, kg 16295 Loosening Equipment Single-tooth ripper with adjustable loosening angle Maximum deepening, mm 1800 Loosening angle change, degrees (at nominal angle 45°) 37°-62° Number of hydraulic cylinders: - lifting-lowering 4 - dismounting and mounting of ripper pin 1 Weight of loosening equipment, kg 11200 Ground Pressure at Shoe Width 700 mm, MPa - tractor 0,0937 - tractor with bulldozer and loosening equipment 0,158 Overall Dimensions Length, mm 7945 Width, mm 4185 Height, mm 4775 Gauge, mm 2880 Base, mm 6220 Overall Dimensions of Tractor with Bulldozer and Loosening Equipment Length, mm 12400 Width, mm 6000 Height, mm 4775 Operating Weight Tractor, kg 76500 Tractor with bulldozer and loosening equipment, kg 106000
I think that about covers it, lol!!!
TC, by any chance were they going to Zarafshon gold mine in Uzbekistan? Having lived for over 12 yrs now out in these parts I can confirm that every day is an adventure!!! To be honest the boys out here know only too well about the quality of western & the eastern machinery but at the end of the day its down to the good old LSD, say what you like about the boys but at least they support their local factories, reliable or not it keeps everyone in work. Plus they often do barter deals with other countries equipment for cotton or gas etc. Also I will also say that by the same token as you are (from what I have read) an incredibly talented chap when it comes to engineering a repair to a Cat, these guys out here will keep these old ChTZs etc. going by a whole manner of means, orthodox or not - needs must when the devil (or boss) calls......while they wait for someone to place an order for a Cat part, transfer money, clear customs and ship in to the final point parts. Just part of the big picture and what I have seen from my time out here Here's are a few I snapped here in Turkmenistan .... A big old Komatsu having some major surgery.... and one I found out on a farm TC, not sure whether you're familiar with Mr Davies fleet but here's one that is over 5,000 miles from home, obviously been traded in and now running on local plates - small world!!! I couldn't believe it when I swung in the car park & saw that parked up!!! and saw this mother-of-a dragline too.....in Uzbekistan
007 Richardjw, you are on the right track with the Ralph Davis Team, as I live about 10 miles from their yard, the other local transport Co is Guilders, (Rus-Anglia) the drivers seem to swap about between the 2 haulage Firms, I know 1 lad that towed another Artic behind his own for 1200 Ks as it just could not be left anywhere, that tractor unit is not lightly to have been Sold, with the Davis name still on it "No Way", I know Ralph was at one time loosing a truck a Month at his worst time, but he still made few BoB . tctractors
That doesn't surprise me, TC. First thought was that it had been bought thru a s/h network, knowing there are people here that do such business out of Europe. I have heard that Kz is/was bad for hi-jacking of foreign trucks, but never been to the place myself although have been within 100kms of its northern borders Back in '96 I was in Uzbekistan and heard that a convoy of British trucks was passing thru on their way to the gold mine, never got to see them but got to see the mine about a year later. What a place!!!! Here's another one of RD's, I was up in Uzbek back in July and had been way up over the mountains to the east within a couple hundred kms of the Chinese border, anyway coming back back down off the mountains to Tashkent by chance I happened to see this trailer, the name was the first thing that struck me but when I saw the plate I realised it had been re-registered to someone local
Ruskie Trips Richardjw, the storys I hear about the 12 week trips never fail to amaze me, the first thing that had my intrest was the refueling, the drivers buy it poured into a 2 gallon bucket then decant it into the Trucks Diesel tanks, with about 2 tons of fuel to load this is a slow way of "Filling Her Up", they do it this way so they know its not water they are being tucked up with, it would seem a good position to be in on some of the roads is just behind the Motor Scraper that is knocking out the massive ruts, the river crossings are just mental, the drivers have to wade into the rivers and plan the angle of getting in and hopefully getting out in one piece, plus there is plenty of Bandits on the way, I have 1 mate who has done these trips for about 18 years and he speaks good Russian/German and French which helps no-end, he was showing me some photos of his last trip the other month after delivering Drilling parts, in the photos I could see the Great Wall of China, I dont ask the location, as I would not be able to say it or spell it, "Ice Road Truckers would fill their pants" tctractors. P.S. what the hell are you doing working out there???, and is there any cash to earn.
well its nothing to do with CE eqpt but does involve oil - in a roundabout sort of way
Russian T800 Crawler I went and copied a photo of the T800, different looking for sure. They explain it for working in artic conditions. Interesting the call the ripper loosing devise. I think if you owned one of these in the USA, you would need a few spare parts tractors. .
Im no expert with heavy machines like others. However gun knowledge is another thing. I bet that their machining expertice is questionable as mentioned above. But we all have seen just how well they can manufacture something when they put there heads together. Just remember the AK-47...Its one of the most highly sought after firearms for a reason....they last for ever. Millions were made CHEAP and millions are still in service. Those guns have killed more people on earth than any other weapon, partly due to the fact that they are cheaper than most other arms but mostly due to the fact that they will work in any environment. Kind of like an evironment a dozer works in, nasty, mucky and yuckey places. You can count on them to perform every time... Remember the chineese buy dozers and AK-47s but they only copy the dozers. I bet its because they know they can always count on the AK due to the fact that the russians built it. Being a recon scout (as my screen name says) I have held a few of these tough, ugly, but dependable and well made tools. A malfunction in an AK is very rare compared to dozers constant need for repairs.
like i said above they can keep these old things running in almost any part of the old S. U. cheap parts & everyone at least knows someone who can repair it, there's a landfill here at the top of Ashgabad and I frequently see them stripping out the transmissions, but the machines go back to work, travel out of town and you see foreign eqpt (I won't name names) also stopped because the complex tier 3 fuel system can't cope with the poor quality diesel here....the difference is a set of injectors for them aren't serviceable, cost a fortune and probably need a lap-top to calibrate So if YOU were managing a site here what would you chose? Machines you can keep running and are cheap to repair or something that may well be state of the art but can't withstand the local conditions?
As I understand it China has been building AK47's "under license" if you can trust them honor a license agreement for some time. Saw the "knockoffs" for sale in a place where I was on a job in the mid 1980's. I also subscribe to the machine you can keep running. Granted, I am old school here and getting ready to quit. I don't have a computerized machine in the fleet and don't have plans to buy any either.
Interesting photos, I'd like to see some of those crawlers working.
That kind of looks like something Oliver would have built if they kept going.
http://www.rcforum.ru/modules.php?n...opic&t=2593&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=15 http://forum.axishistory.com/viewtopic.php?t=83132 Russian tractors
Video about T-800. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cn6op_oRGCc http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKhRhbvmJRs#t=25 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HvEXOgOX8rw
I am work in construction company mechanic. Have such bulldozers. This T-170 and B-10M.
During the 1970's and 80's, it was a yearly thing in Peoria when they loaded out the several train loads of Caterpillar equipment that had been purchased by the Russkies. During that time, Ford sold them a huge truck plant with the condition of "only civilian-use trucks to be produced". Guess what the first truck off the line was? Regards, Clark
Dobri den KMM, which part of the old CCCP do you live and work in?
I work in Sevastopol city, in construction company mechanic.
Part of the new extended Russian Federation ;-) How's business these days? I was in Moscow up until Dec '14, just as the ruble crisis hit.......
Yes it is the Autonomous Republic of Crimea. The Crimea was a part of Russia in 2014. So far with work here affairs not really progress. And the prices of everything are overstated, and low salaries. The Crimea for the present as the region which is cut off from other Russia. Crisis goes also now.