Can anyone help with rusty door repair on a case backhoe? I have a mig and access to a metal brake at work, and most steel is available there. Just the lower 3 inches are rotted on one side. Can anyone drop me a note as to what they did, process etc. My 580 is a 2000, seems to have a good start on rust for the year. It will be under cover soon! Someone said for the undercab, spray the thick cable/open gear lube. sound O.K.??? If only someone fabbed a repair panel for this....the doors are $1300.00! I'll bet there are some out there that are rusted so bad that they are not worth salvaging. Email me...turcottesatbeeline-onlinedotnet Thanks Ross
Should be straightforward just remember NOT to run a solid bead but rather short beads every few inches to keep from warping the metal.
the doors are so expensive i got a price of 1670.00 for 580e door
Maybe I just found a good side line for making replacement doors.Wonder if the tractor outfits would go after you?You can buy knock off parts for most cars.
Alot of the case hoes from the Super e's but especially the K's thru the L 2's have a cab cancer issue. As far as cnh goes, they definatly have the finanicial means to come after you, but I've never heard of anyone getting busted... Now where you might get into trouble is if case has a pattent on some special door technology, I duno. One thing you could do is make a business of fixing rusty doors. Pretty much do a reman program. Take a customers doors in, send a set of finished doors out, and fix his. That way it isnt pattent infringement issues, and the customer still get a speedy turnaround time.
I got off from posting this and said that exact thing.....you're right , the market is getting bigger as we speak, rust happens.
Mild cold roll steel is what i used to fix my 933's doors. they had rusted at the bottom from where i would " perswade" the door to open with my foot. like was said before, weld in short lines,. then move to the other end and weld a short line. this is to insure it won't warp. I had to cut a little and grind alot to make it fit, but its still there after 4 years
Same thing on my 2000 LT.