Code 5-14 and 5-15 pop up after a rain or during rain. Seem to clear eventually. Electrical short ? Where to start? Seems right side of engine bay where engine oil sensor and door harness are wet. Engine oil sensor in a loop with hydro sensors?
Does anything change with machine operation when codes are present. Those are charge pump low pressure codes I believe. So if machine is functioning ok, then Id be looking at all wiring and sensors that monitor, charge pump pressure. If you have actual hydraulic issues when codes are present, then you need to check charge pump pressure.
After or during rain, machine loses all function of hydraulics. But after machine shutdowns a couple of times, runs fine after. When same codes pop up during operation I lose no function of any hydraulics and codes disappear after few seconds.
That is an odd one. Start looking for green, fuzzy electrical connections.
Found out drive belt for pump was really loose, could this have been the problem. Maybe wet from rain caused it to slip more? It seemed like an electrical problem especially since I bought this machine have fixed at least 4 broken wires and alot of other electrical problems. I tightened belt tensioner hopefully that was the problem. Electrical problems suck
Hydraulic pumps are not generally driven by a belt, they need a solid drive coupler, to provide un-interrupted torque. If your talking about the fan belt being loose, then perhaps your issue could be a low voltage condition. Alternator not charging battery. I have seen weird things happen, as a result of low voltage, especially with computers. But the codes are of concern. Since you mentioned bad wiring already, I suspect your problems are not over with yet, Good luck, keep us posted. Thats how we all learn.
I thought same thing that a hydraulic pump wouldn't be belt driven but bobcatpartsonline calls it part number 6735884. Machine seems to have more power after. Its not the alternator or an accessory belt. Belt is about an inch wide with 3 grooves coming off left side of engine where starter engages flywheel. Rain is coming in tonight into tomorrow will keep you updated
The belt tensioner & belt are supposed to be inspected every 200 hrs or so. Maybe it’s 50hrs. Check the O&M.
I checked your part number. and your right, belt driven charge pump. Runs a lower pressure than main pump. I think you got it.
I received a post on my phone from Erockk, which did not load on this site for some reason. Anyway his last post said that he lost hydraulics after rain. He noticed eng running. but that the belt he just tightened. wasn't spinning. So I'm going to assume that it finally broke. That or charge pump seized up, but my guess is belt. Chime in anytime Erockk.
Have no codes currently. Belt needs a replacing and/or tensioner. Bolt is at end of slot and tensioner is still at about the 1oclock position still. Problems are fixed temporarily. Waiting for parts to be in stock from bobcat. Seems codes came about from a loose/worn belt
Good to know. Thanks for reply
Definitely replace the tensioner with the belt. Had a Bobcat come through that the tensioner bearing seized, shredded the belt and machine lost all functions.
And in my T870 all tah happened and also slapped a hole in the fuel tank as belt went out