Hi All, I almost have this engine reinstalled but I have 2 small bundles of wires that I don't know where to reconnect, I thought that I took pics of all angles before I started removing the engine but somehow I don't have a single pic that shows these wires connected. Thanks for your help, B-Crazy
That looks like the ground wires that connect to the stud on the negative battery cable terminal. Negative post of the battery goes toward the rear of the machine, you should have a stud on your negative cable terminal to connect those wires. If you can post the numbers on those wires I might be able to confirm this.
One of them is 2120 the other one looks like 2100. I am not positive on the second one but the 2120 is for sure.
Yep, those are ground wires that connect to the stud on the negative battery cable terminal. Should actually be three of those bundles if I'm not mistaken, check and make sure you're not overlooking one
Unless I'm wrong, that third bundle should have 2700 wires, like 2730, 2745, 2765, etc
Sounds good, I will look to make sure. Also the machine has one of those clamp on poor quality negative clamps so there is really no place to connect those to that cable except the bolt that tightens the clamp, so I can hook it up that way to see if I can get the machine going. If I get it going I will replace that cable clamp with a good quality one. Thanks so much for the help I was at a stopping point until I could find out where they went, with all of the electronics on these machines the trial and error days are gone. B-Crazy
Great thanks. I hope to have this thing ready to try starting it sometime this weekend. A couple more questions if I may. What type oil and do you have an idea of how much it should hold? One of the spec sheets that I looked at said 1.9 quarts but I think that must be a typo.
I would recommend getting the proper negative battery cable from Bobcat. Yeah, it may cost you a few bucks extra than a rigged up cable, but you'll be much more happy with the results. In a pinch, remove the bolt that clamps the negative terminal to the negative battery post, insert a longer 5/16 bolt. Clamp it to the battery terminal with a nut on the long bolt. Insert the ground wires on the extra bolt threads sticking out and use an additional nut to secure them. Depending on the engine most Bobcat skids hold between 1 3/4 to 2 1/4 gallons of oil. Use a typical 15W/40 diesel engine oil for the engine.
Sounds good Willie, I want to make sure that I but the correct oil in it now that I have the engine ready to roll. I appreciate all of your time and the advice. B-Crazy
No worries, just hope you get it sorted out.