Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Mustang 2041 injection pump

Thughes · 2018-02-09 23:00

I have a 2010 Mustang 2041 with a Yanmar 4TNV88-BKMS Diesel engine. I inquired this skid steer without an injection pump and I cannot seem to find what pump goes to this machine. Does anyone know what injection pump I need? Or is anyone that owns a skid steer with the Yanmar 4TNV88-BKMS willing to take a picture of the tag on their injection pump for me? This engine is in Gehl also. Thank you, Terry H.

Replies10
  1. #1thepumpguysc2018-02-09 23:33

    Man, that's gonna be a tough one.. The BEST THING is gonna be to call a yanmar dealer.

  2. #2Thughes2018-02-09 23:52

    I guess that explains why I got the machine so cheap hopefully someone with a Mustang or Gehl will see this thread!

  3. #3thepumpguysc2018-02-10 05:32

    Its not gonna be "THAT" difficult.. just call a Yanmar DEALER, just google it & pick any one.. they don't have to be in your area.. your just looking for information.. & give him the info off the tag.. Hoye tractor comes to mind.. AND they have a very good interactive website.. you might be able to find it on your own..?? Engine mdl & serial #, family & fuel rating at "X" rpms & they should be able to get you the info.. Get the pump # & a price & then go searching online.. The REAL PROBLEM is going to be> finding a pump that doesn't require a core.. A "NEW" pump doesn't require one.. BUT a "REMAN or REBUILT" pump will & core charges are a hit in the pocket.. You'll just have to weigh the pro's & con's.. new vs rebuilt.. Good luck..

  4. #4apetad2018-02-21 12:58

    Mustang part number 197838 INJECTION PUMP ASSY (4 CYLINDER -BKMS) around $1400 + freight

  5. #5thepumpguysc2018-02-22 00:03

    GREAT INFO, apetad.. THAT INFO helped me to flip it to the Yanmar #.. 425-34700 Mustang didn't make the pump but Yanmar did.. it "might be" less expensive & easier to find going straight to the horses mouth?? Good luck.

  6. #6Thughes2018-02-22 06:47

    I contacted Yanmar via email and they said I need a 729632-51421 pump. I don’t know if this is the same pump that you guys are talking about just with a different part number? I sent them pictures of the tags on my engine. I hope Yanmar is right because I already ordered it and it should be here Friday! I guess I’ll fine out.

  7. #7Thughes2018-02-22 06:53

    The 425-34700 appears to be the oil pump, not the injection pump thepumpguysc

  8. #8thepumpguysc2018-02-22 07:27

    LOL.. that's what I get for playing on the computer at 4:00 in the morning.. sorry for any confusion. IF Yanmar says that's what you need.. then.. THATS PROBABY what you need.. especially if they had the tag information.. I BET it cost a pretty penny??

  9. #9Thughes2018-02-22 08:07

    Haha i know what you mean, try working at 4am Luckily the dealer I found gave me a “deal” at $1328 shipped.

  10. #10thepumpguysc2018-02-22 14:30

    THATS NOT BAD AT ALL.!!! You "might" have save a hundred if you had shopped, but 1328. SHIPPED is real good.. Hell, I've seen my old shop charge THAT MUCH for a REBUILD.!!! {friggin dirtbag crooks}