Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

S185 This valve is pouring hydraulic oil.

Bobcat Crazy ยท 2018-02-22 21:35

This valve is pouring oil, not just leaking a little. Please see the pics I have attached, when I disassembled I didn't fine a seal in it. Is there supposed to be a seal in this part or is my problem deeper inside the valve body? Thanks, B-Crazy

Replies3
  1. #1willie592018-02-22 21:54

    Control valve spool seals, common Bobcat problem. > HeavyEquipmentForums You're going to need some other parts from Bobcat as well, that float detent you disassembled is now missing some parts, you should have two of those springs and four of the balls. I avoid taking that apart unless it's necessary.

  2. #2Bobcat Crazy2018-02-23 20:39

    Hey Willie59, let me just say again the your post and walk through of rebuilding the control valve was great! I got it back together today and everything was step by step just the way you had it outlined. Thanks again! After completing the valve I was still losing a little fluid and finally found a pin hole in one of the steal lines. The local auto parts here makes custom hydraulic hoses so I had one made to replace the steal line. All seemed to be going good when it got dark on me this evening, so tomorrow will tell the true story. But I hope that I have now fixed all of the gremlins and brought this previously deceased machine back to life. Thanks to everyone who has offered help and advice to help me with this project, it has been greatly appreciated. Thanks All, B-Crazy

  3. #3Bobcat Crazy2018-02-25 20:23

    Hi All, The machine runs and operates great. I ran it about 45 minutes yesterday in my back yard for some improved drainage. Once I got the yard torn up really good (much to my wife's displeasure ) it blew a lift arm seal so the back yard is on hold at the moment (VERY MUCH to my wife's displeasure )!!! Hopefully tomorrow I can pick up the seals and rebuild the cylinder which is an easy fix if the seals are in stock. Then I hope that the other seals last long enough for me to get the back yard fixed before I rebuild the other cylinders. If not the wife will have me frowning again . Thanks All, B-Crazy