Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

S185 working on a slope

Bloody Knuckles ยท 2022-07-28 15:43

I did a quick search and didn't find any specific to S185s and also checked Ritchies which they listed the tipping angle at 4076 ( 40.76 ??? ) Called the local dealer, they didn't know. Getting ready to call ND. Does anyone know the max working angle on a slope or max safe angle / degree's? I did some measuring myself and the slope i need to travel on to get to the work area is running 9.5 - 26.6 degree's. Planning on driving straight down and then backing back up the slope. Has a 950lb grapple on it. Thanks for the help John

Replies4
  1. #1Bloody Knuckles2022-07-28 16:30

    My bad, 4076 is the tipping load. I called Bobcat corp. office and I could hear the deer in the headlight look.......they told me to call a dealer........

  2. #21466IH2022-07-28 17:30

    I don't know about bobcats but Cat has specs on over filling components to work on steep slopes

  3. #3Bloody Knuckles2022-07-28 17:37

    That's something else I was thinking of doing which is adding a qt to the motor and hyd reservoir. Drain it out when I'm done.

  4. #4Bloody Knuckles2022-07-29 11:48

    Ok, well the reason I was asking was I've never operated one on a steep slope. Took it down into the woods and started making piles of dead timber this morning and it did fine, then backed it back up the hill. There's a 60 year old terrace part of the way down which was the worse part of it. Now more chain saw time.