Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

S250

bob b ยท 2014-04-24 17:59

I have an S250. Turn the key on, only the parking brake light goes on. Wait 10 seconds then the fuel gauge comes on and the temp gauge starts moving. Now you can start the engine, and operate the machine. If the fuel gauge doesent move there is no engine crank. If you wait ten minutes or so when you turn the key on all the lights in the right panel come on and stay on, even after starting the engine. Power going into the key switch (red wire) is battery voltage. When I turn the key on it drops to 8 or 9 volts. Same voltage coming out of the key switch (white Wire). Hour meter never comes on so I cant get any error messages or codes. What should I look for before getting raped by the dealer?

Replies8
  1. #1crewchief8882014-04-24 18:34

    start at the battery cleaning every connection. if that doesnt help, sounds like you have a bad LH panel. :drinkup

  2. #2bob b2014-04-25 12:50

    I did the battery thing. How can I test the panel?

  3. #3crewchief8882014-04-25 17:45

    you cant as far as i know. you already know at least part of the panel is bad ie: the display. chances are theres something else going on as well. :drinkup

  4. #4bob b2014-04-28 14:02

    The backlight of the display comes on, there is just no readout. Could the left panel make all the lights in the right panel stay on? From what I understand, there is the left panel, the right panel , and the controller. Could my problem be in the controller? Also where can I find the controller?

  5. #5crewchief8882014-04-29 18:54

    anything is possible with "sealed" electronics. you can replace the panels yourself, the controller can be replaced but will need to be programmed by a dealer. :drinkup

  6. #6bob b2014-04-30 14:28

    Where is the controller located? I would like to do a physical check on it.

  7. #7crewchief8882014-04-30 17:30

    behind the panel next to your left foot. :drinkup

  8. #8bob b2014-04-30 21:03

    Found it, thanks.