Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

S300 bottom bushing cut out/replace question

68rtp ยท 2014-08-12 21:28

These are the bushings on the bottom of the Bob tach plate but on the machine side (already changed the plate side ones) I washed the weld off of the one and removed the bushing and am almost done removing the other - question is what is the best way to line them up ? I don't have fancy tools but can get it done. I was going to line them up by installing the pin and tacking the bushing on then have a helper run the machine and check for binding. Am I missing any easy accurate ways?

Replies2
  1. #1crewchief8882014-08-16 15:28

    last time i did a set of them, i used a piece of 1 1/2" or 2" angle iron clamped to the new (weld on) bushings to keep them aligned :drinkup

  2. #268rtp2014-08-23 21:08

    Yeah got them done I put in the new bobta he bushings then installed pins in weld on bushing and slid onto bobtach tacked them then ran machine - no bind nice n tight - finished welding Surprisingly easy