Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

S7

ILLICEMAN ยท 2010-07-31 10:53

MIGHT BE INTERESTED IN A S7 TO USE OR TO PLAY WITH.NO JUNK.I KNOW THEY MIGHT BE HARD TO FIND.:usa

Videos in this topic

Browse the full video library

Replies21
  1. #1cummins052010-07-31 13:00

    Care to add A bit more to this thread are you interested in Buying one ?

  2. #2powerjoke2010-07-31 14:11

    not real sure if he wants to "play" with one or not but thread said nothing about buying one..... Pj

  3. #3ILLICEMAN2010-07-31 14:41

    SORRY ABOUT NO INFORMATION.i MIGHT BE INTERESTED IN BUYING ONE.iT WILL NOT BE SOMETHING i WOULD USE VERY MUCH. I AM NOT SURE AS OLD AS THEY ARE I COULD FIND ONE THAT I COULD USE WITHOUT DOING ALOT OF WORK WITH IT. THANKS:beatsme:usa I WOULD BE USING IT ON MY FARM IN WEST CENTRAL ILL.

  4. #4powerjoke2010-07-31 14:50

    haha, yeah I figured that's what it was. I've got a nice TS-14B i would sell cheap if you ever decide to look at a bigger machine, U got a lake house at Lake of the Ozarks ? youre location kinda threw me off a little when you wanted a Scraper down there in that rocky ground Pj

  5. #5ILLICEMAN2010-07-31 17:46

    YES WE LIVE HERE MOST OF THE TIME.I STILL LIKE MY FARMS.THEY ARE NEAR PITTSFIELDGRIGGSVILLE IL.:usa

  6. #6cummins052010-07-31 18:17

    I don't think I have ever seen a S7 anyone got a pic.

  7. #7malcolm2010-08-07 22:17

    Euclid S7 info cheers malcolm

  8. #8SE-Ia Cowman2010-08-07 23:22

    Note the larger picture has a windshield wiper but no canopy hate to be that opperator when a storm blows in an your 4 miled down the haul road. what era are they and were they cable or hydraulic were they gas or diesel?

  9. #9malcolm2010-08-07 23:57

    one for you wabco man

  10. #10greeniron2010-08-08 06:45

    there was also an S7E which was a 12 yard elevating model that model had a 4-71 GM in the front with a 4 speed allison transmission and had a 2-71 GM on the back just to run the elevators which used a air clutch and air throttle it used the same front as the 7 yard open bowl model i think some of the first of the open bowl models may have had a fuller manual transmission in them ?? they were a all hydraulic machine but had a cable attached to the apron

  11. #11Dug Overburden2010-08-14 12:08

    Euc S-7 Always loved the "bug eye" headlights. This is one on you tube. Just search "euclid s-7" This one appears to have a 4 cyle engine installed. <

  12. #12ILLICEMAN2010-08-14 12:14

    Thanks but i didn,t get link.jim

  13. #13Dug Overburden2010-08-14 12:56

    Euclid S-7 Here is the link.

  14. #14surfer-joe2010-08-14 15:38

    Nice little machines, but I haven't seen one in many years. Search the equipment for sale trade magazines, you might also check over to the antique owners association website. If anyone knows where one is for sale, they would. Good Luck.

  15. #15ILLICEMAN2010-08-14 16:24

    Thanks jim

  16. #16Taylortractornu2010-08-14 18:45

    Dad start out on a Euclid S7 scraper as a kid. He said they would roll over back ward in a 90 degree turn if you up shifted them and let off the clutch too fast. Also roading them they would start to duck walk and it would get bigger and bigger till they flipped. Dad said they were good pans. He ran one for a long time when his dozer was down or not required. They had a job to do near the pickwick dam and his S7 just had a rebuild on it. He was going down a long bottom about 5 miles from the shop and noticed the motor started in creasing revs. Dad said letting the throttle off didnt help and pulling the kill wasnt helping either. He said it was going about 40 and started the duck walk. He pulled off the side of the road onto the shoulder and dropped the bowl. He said gravel was bouncing over the tractor and into him and past the machine. He never could choke it so he clutched it and knocked it out of gear and let it over heat and wind. His boss was po ed but it happens. I think he told me the governor bolts backed out.

  17. #17wnydirtguy2010-08-15 09:04

    about 4yrs ago a local had 4 sitting in a field. they hadn't been run in a long time by the looks of them. sad to say they cut them up and scraped them. I wish they would have saved them. they where in good condition

  18. #18D6 Merv2010-08-16 20:45

    A few came to the bottom of the world in NZ, were quite a good little scraper. Was also made in pomland but was fitted with a Leyland AU600 motor. Many were converted to towed scoops behind D6 size dozers and you still see a few working. Merv:drinkup

  19. #19792DLC2010-08-17 14:57

    There is one at my uncles farm. I will get a pic of it.

  20. #20gerald2011-02-02 10:18

    would love to have one, it was the first piece of equipment I started out on in Ala in 1956. I located one in Ala. last year close to where I worked there , could have been the same one. A lady named Tina advertisrd it in HCEA, and I tried to contact her but she never replied.If anyone knows of one for sale I would love to have that info. E-mail address [email protected]

  21. #21gerald2011-02-02 10:40

    To add a little to the story, I loved that little Euc, but it sure would turn over with you vere easily. The first time I layed it on it's side, it was quitting time and the truck picking up the men to take them to the parking lot,had just stopped for me and the dozer man. I got in a hurray to catch the truck and was turning around on a hill, as I jacked knifed it around, I clutched it and reved the engin to get it to turn, I popped the clutch before letting the RPMs down, you know the rest, she raised strait up in the air and layed down on her side, and there I was holding onto the steering wheel for dear life. That was the most embarresed I had ever been, a greenhorn, with all those seasoned operators watching. I later slid off of a fill about 8 feet high, and when the dozer started pushing me out I turned up hill again, and rolled it over, that is when I learned not to turn up hill, when you are already half turned over.