Need to know the plunger prestroke on the bosch VE fuel pump used on a SA6D102-1 komatsu engine mount on PC240-6, any help will be appreciated
I have to have the pump # to be certain...Bosch 10 digit # would be most helpful..0 460 *** ***
I know my friend, but the problem is that the body of the pump has been changed and the 0 460 number is not the good one on this body. I can give you the serial number of the engine maybe it can help: 21295032
Theres ALWAYS some shade tree mechanic somewhere, who mess's things up for the rest of the folks that know what their doing!! A new nameplate doesn't cost "squat"..EVEN IF you had to write it in "electric pencil"..PUT A DARN N.P. on your unit!! Sorry BAD DAY..lol Hell, the old one could have been taken off and installed on the new hsg..and IF IT WAS A NEW HSG,,a new N.P. comes with it.. I'll see what I can do...I thought this was going to be an EASY thread..lol
well thaks a lot Actually I am using a dial gauge to see the prestroke of the plunger while the pump is on the engine. And I found that at TDC the gauge readind was 1.9mm And even after TDC the gauge needle still move and stop at 2.7mm, is it a normal behavior
SORRY if I sounded "rude"..UNLESS your the 1 who changed the housing..LOL I looked up the engine mdl. today on the Bosch equipment site..and the only thing they list is >>an "inline pump" NOT a VE.. To answer your question, YES its normal for the stroke to be higher as you keep rotating the engine then fall off once the rollers reach their peak and head down the other side of the cam plate. I "suspect"?? your having a smoking or no-start condition with this unit?? and that's why your checking the pump timing? With-out some actual pump #'s I'm sorry but I cant be much help..SORRY