Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Sad finals

sandy · 2010-09-11 02:47

thought some of you would be interested, 30 ton samsung 11,000hrs had new chains and sprockets earlyer this year got slower and slower in the drive ,has been used to load truck last few months

Replies11
  1. #1RDG2010-09-11 05:58

    Oh my bit of an Iron ore mine in there by the looks of it. Not good for the hrs its done.

  2. #2Jam2010-09-11 11:03

    Woulnt like writing that cheque

  3. #3stock2010-09-11 11:49

    Be jeazus put in a few rods an' she be rite to flog 'er off.

  4. #4YELLOMTLMILITIA2010-09-11 14:47

    Did you have to much track tension on the old undercariage?? Ive seen a couple finals like that because people keep trying to jack them out when the rails get sloppy and the finals start making excessive metal

  5. #5powerjoke2010-09-11 16:50

    Looks fine to me,....where do you buy bearings with egg shaped inner race's?? I wouldnt think that track tension would have anything to do with the final drive gears....they dont carry any weight or tension. pj

  6. #6sandy2010-09-12 17:20

    Did you have to much track tension on the old undercariage?? Ive seen a couple finals like that because people keep trying to jack them out when the rails get sloppy and the finals start making excessive metal We have a workshop manager who believes that tracks have to be real tight otherwise they will come off :beatsme

  7. #7finaldrive2010-09-13 18:08

    Good luck with that...it's my job to research and develop product lines and I can tell you that 90% of the people you find on alibaba and other websites don't have any product knowledge of what you need and even less inventory..lol They try to broker the cheapest thing they can find. You get what you pay for. Trust me, I've brought samples over and it went right in the round file. There are certain things to check for on a supplier. I know these things, it's my job. Be careful out there everyone. p.s. I noticed you copied the same message into several different valid discussions here. Don't think you're going to hijack a thread here

  8. #8YELLOMTLMILITIA2010-09-14 00:18

    Having trouble with your drive? Don’t know how to check and service it? Need advice? We’re here to help. This page covers routine maintenance, what to do and when to do it. The links on the left will take you through troubleshooting if problems occur, removal and replacement and how to identify and connect the hydraulic lines correctly. Routine Maintenance Always follow the original machine manufacturers procedures where available. The advise we give is general and can not take into account all working conditions or any particular use. Service Intervals Periodically check the oil level (about once a month) and top up if necessary We recommend the following every 250—500 hours or at least once a year depending on usage. What to do Change the oil. Drain the gearbox oil while it is hot so that it is easier to drain Check that there are no metallic parts in the oil. Re-fill the gearbox with new oil. It is usual to fill the gearbox approximately half full — See panel. . Do not mix different types of oil . Check for leaks. Pay particular attention to the main hub mechanical seal (Floating Seal) found between the sprocket and track frame. If oil is found leaking from here it can be indicative of more serious problems so stop the machine and have the seal changed at once. ((((((Check the track tension, a tight track chain puts strain on the hub bearings and can lead to premature gearbox failure.))))))))) Tip: The life of a final drive gearbox is generally proportional to the frequency of its oil changes.

  9. #9finaldrive2010-09-14 00:34

    Good copy and paste from our website YELLOMTLMILITIA, thanks. Here's the link http://finaldrivecenter.com/service_service.htm

  10. #10finaldrive2010-09-14 09:44

    Here we go... These are not factory direct. I had to sign up for that alibaba site because we had so many customers telling us about how cheap it was and how when they received the product it was either incorrect or only lasted a couple months. Once on there I noticed that majority of the photos being used to adverstise were photos that I personally took! There is even a company in the Netherlands that still uses the photo that I took, back in 2007, on their advertising. I started putting a watermark on any and all photos of our product. Misreprensentation is out of control on these sites for "factory direct China product" There are some factories that do produce a good product for a good price. The good price comes with volume orders, just like any factory. I deal with 4 different ones in China and they are very good to work with. (they're all ISO certified too) Again, be careful out there.

  11. #11powerjoke2010-09-14 11:11

    See, thats what I am thinking an extremely extremely tight track may labor the machine a little harder to travel and EVENTUALLY wear finals but it would have to be several sets of U/C i would think. And thats only IF it were tight enough to wear and fail the hub bearings and the drive axle was running mis-aligned with the planet gears. and then I wouldnt figure that Planet Carrier bearings would be the first to go south I am saying a track that is a little over tight won't hurt anything INTERNAL the gearbox (not talking about any other component on the U/C) Pj