I recently bought a volvo ECR88 second hand, and I knew it had a few issues when I bought it. Have worked out all except for this one. The boom likes to lock up and not go down occasonaly, if you raise it a little more and then go down quick it will go down,(fine as long as you are not all the way up) but if you just push down on the lever it will labor the engine. It seems to happen more often when you have a full bucket and the stick all the way extended (more weight on it).
sounds like a sticky valve is the hydraulic oil dirty? might wanna see if theres any broken parts in the bottom of the tank or in a filter/strainer on the return line Good luck!
I'5 check the safetyblock on de bottom of the boomcylinder
i had this problem suddenly on my machine. the pattern change valve was caught half way between cat and deere.
Viagra in the diesel maybe
any word on the solution to this one?