Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

SAE to ISO controls on hitachi ex 75 ur

Lapatra172 ยท 2012-09-10 18:11

Hi guys, looking for help changing from sae to Iso controls on my ex75 ur. I believe it's a 1998 and is a grey machine. Also I was told when I bought it that the electronic aids were disconnected as the comp read out was all in jap. Any thoughts or tips? I changed the pilots on the valve spools am I on the right track or should I put them back and change them someplace else? Thanks.

Replies5
  1. #1Lapatra1722012-09-11 13:19

    Further update. I had originally switched my pilot lines at the valve body to get the sticks the way I wanted. This however made them backwards. I.E forward on right stick raised boom an forward on left crowded the dipper. I simply flipped the lines at the cylinders to correct this but quickly found my dipper speed was not correct. I then switched the cylinder lines back and flipped the pilot lines at the joystick to. Dipper appears to be operating correct now. Boom seems normal but I'm wondering if I would see improvement on that if I changed pilots rather than the main lines? Am I moving in the right direction or do I need to go back to square 1 and go a diff rout?

  2. #2willie592012-09-11 20:43

    Excavator control designs come in many different configurations and application of components, such as pressure switches, confluence lines, etc. I can't say how the EX75 is rigged up, but it's generally not a good idea to switch pilot lines at main control valve to achieve pattern change. You're far better off making the switch much closer to the joystick valves, will have less adverse affect on above mentioned switches and oil lines controlling operations. Have you looked under the cab floor plate? Raise the rear hood and look in area directly behind operators cab? Look for either a pattern changer or at the very least a manifold where the pilot lines from joystick valves make junctions at manifold, that's where you should switch lines.

  3. #3Lapatra1722012-09-11 21:20

    I did look under the cab and found the blocks you mentioned. I have looked a little for a patern change but have not found one and was told by the dealer I bought it from (not a JD or hitachi dealer) that it did not have one. I will re think my approach and see how the machine responds. Thanks. Also any idea what they may have disconnected when they discarded the work mode controller? The computer was still in the cab and plugged in and seemed to be working except no noticeable change to any function. Thanks again.

  4. #4willie592012-09-11 21:38

    I wouldn't know anything about the work mode controller, never worked on one of those machines. :beatsme

  5. #5Lapatra1722012-09-11 22:04

    Ok thanks, hope to get out in the shop and have her squared away tomorow. I'll let you know how I make out.