Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Samsung LC210 excavator

buddie ยท 2014-06-08 12:33

I finally got my engine running on my LC210, Samsung excavator with a new fuel pump. Thanks for all your help. Now I have a problem with the hydraulic pump. It has a whinning grinding noise as if something is rubbing inside. However the noise stops after warming up for about 5-10 minutes. Is it ok to run in this condition? Can anyone help with this problem.? I changed all filters and 60 gallons of hydraulic fluid. Many thanks

Replies6
  1. #1lantraxco2014-06-08 14:01

    First thing I would check is the coupler between the engine flywheel and the pumps, not fun to check but it's the most likely suspect and the cheapest to repair.

  2. #2uffex2014-06-09 04:50

    Good day buddie We suggest you check that the hydraulic tank has air pressure (press the button on top of the tank you should hear a rush of air), this will only occur when you have used the equipment cylinders on a couple of full stokes, second point is the screen induction filter inside the tank, for test purpose you could remove it and see if it solves your noise. If you need illustrations or more information check out excatech.com. Kind regards Uffex

  3. #3lantraxco2014-06-09 14:26

    Must be getting old, forgot about the tank pressurization. Yes if the air leaks off, or if you've overfilled the tank with oil, when the hyd oil is cold and pressure is low the pumps will growl until the air pressure builds up to help push tank oil to the pumps. Checking the suction screen is another good suggestion if you didn't while changing the hyd oil.

  4. #4buddie2014-06-12 20:44

    I don't find a button on top of the tank. I have a cap where you put the hydraulic oil in and use an allen wrench to open the cap. If I open the cap, should I have air pressure out? Is the filter the large one about 6 inches across and 12-14 inches long? I also replaced it. Thanks for your help.

  5. #5buddie2014-06-12 20:48

    Many thanks for your help. Are you talking about the large screen, 6-7 inch wide and 12-14 inches deep? I also replace it. The noise stops after using the machine 6-8 minutes. I'm concerned about using it since making this terrible growling noise. Any suggestions? Regards, Ron

  6. #6uffex2014-06-13 04:11

    Good day bud die Seems that your fluid tank is rather unusual to us may I suggest that you send a picture to bucketsense@gmail we will send back some illustrations of the tank top and the screen filter. Indeed it appears that you have changed the filter in question, this is rarely necessary unless the mesh is damaged. It still could be the cause of the noise we have installed courser mesh on some machines to resolve the noise. Kind regards Uffex