Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Samsung mini

woodee955 ยท 2008-03-10 00:19

I was wondering if anyone had info on Samsungs mini ex line? Probably early nineties, the model number was d 30 I think. Can't find anything on the internet about it. It does look alot like a yanmar mini and I didn't know if they were one in the same. I'll find out more Mon. when I call about a price. Thanks. Woody

Replies7
  1. #1Aussie Nick2008-06-22 10:13

    I might be incorrect but I don't think it is.Yanmar only collabarated with John Deere. Samsung is a Korean company and I don't think there was any connection.

  2. #2humboldt deere2008-06-22 11:26

    When did yanmar and deere get together, and on what?, I had never heard that.

  3. #3Steve Frazier2008-06-22 12:30

    John Deere's compact tractors used Yanmar engines for quite some time, I don't know if they still do or not.

  4. #4stretch2008-06-22 12:39

    I don't think so, as far as I know, they switched over to all Deere when they opened the Augusta, GA factory in 1991. I could be wrong, though...

  5. #5CM19952008-06-22 14:29

    I thought they still used Yanmar engines in the small tractors and they do. http://www.deere.com/en_US/ProductC...ts.ProdCatProduct?pNbr=0140LV&tM=HO&link=enav

  6. #6Aussie Nick2008-06-23 04:39

    In Australia all of the small John Deere tractors were powered by Yanmar motors and Yanmar were not allowed to market any of their tractors separately until the beginning of last month.Yanmar now distributing separately but the small Deeres are powered by the Yanmar motors. Daedong had a similar set up with Kubota

  7. #7Seaside LPS2008-06-23 17:22

    There is a Yanmar motor in my 2005 35D mini excavator and the website shows that they still use them in their mini excavators