Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Sany Buyer Beware

Aubrey Phillips · 2023-05-07 21:38

If you are considering purchasing a Sany just know unless you purchase directly from a Sany dealer then the 5 year 5000 warranty is Null & Void, sounds as if it is also non transferable as well. If you purchase a low hour machine from Auction Null & Void, an individual Null & Void. Just beware.

Replies6
  1. #1ianjoub2023-05-07 22:04

    According to one youtube personality. I have not seen another source or confirmation of this.

  2. #2Welder Dave2023-05-08 02:21

    If it's a new machine where else would you buy it from other than an authorized dealer? I think what you're posting would apply to most manufacturers. I guess a non authorized dealer could source one from an authorized dealer to sell in a different market but Sany or the deaker for that territory may take exception to that. Used to be a dealer here that was sourcing Cat parts from a US dealer and undercutting the authorized Cat dealer. Cat sued them. The unauthorized dealer ended going under when they were caught dealing in stolen machines.

  3. #3etd66ss2023-05-08 06:51

    I guess I don't feel bad for ppl who get screwed buying SANY. No one should be giving the chinese gov't funding by buying their stuff IMO.

  4. #4Aubrey Phillips2023-05-08 08:33

    don’t hold your breath waiting for Sany to communicate that. That’s there whole selling point in US markets

  5. #5Aubrey Phillips2023-05-08 08:35

    The dealers here in US will dump excess inventory into Auctions to move equipment.

  6. #6Welder Dave2023-05-08 15:00

    I have seen some new Cat machines sold at RB here where there was a full warranty but it's not common. Your original post was a little confusing. You should have mentioned buying used at an auction. Sany may have a warranty policy for the original purchaser and it's not transferable. I'm sure they wouldn't be the only ones to have a policy like this.