I am looking for a 40 or 50 ton truck crane. I have an offer from Sany for a STC500 crane, which is new and model 2015. This crane costs around $255,000. I would like to know if some you have experience with Sany cranes, or if you have heard comments about this brand since they have very competitive prices, but it is a chinese brand and I don't know if their products have good quality. With the same $255,000, I would be able to buy a crane around 7 years old (model 2007) from another brand, Terex for example. Would you prefer to buy a 2015 new Sany crane, or a 2007 used crane from an american or japanese brand? Thanks
Support after the purchase is key. What brand of crane do you see most. There's a reason you see that brand more. I don't know anything about Sany but I would assume there is a reason you can buy a brand new crane for the same price as a ten year old grove. Your going to have breakdowns. How soon you can get it up and running again is one of the most important details.
Thanks a lot for your reply
if sany gave you the crane for nothing you couldn't afford to own it unless you needed a signpost.
I have a couple of SANY Cranes in our fleet among many GROVEs and LIEBHERRs One is a STC 500 (2013) and other one is QY50C (2011). STC500s are employed heavily in our projects as much as any other GERMAN cranes. Now, I wouldn't say SANY fared well among the other cranes. Among the two SANY cranes we have we face a lot of problems on the QY50C on the other hand the STC500 has been working fine since the last two years. I would still say if you get a brand like terex, manufactured after 2004 would be a lot better performance wise. Maintenance can be a bit tacky for the systems it comes with, but c'mon its a terex crane.
Thanks!
If you are going to purchase brand new sant cranes , I believe it would not be a problem for the first two years . However, you may face parts issues during repair or maintenance . On the other hand, German and Japanese brands are well established in the crane market and parts are readily available for replacement, so it will be a better choice for long term investment. Meanwhile, I will go for Japanese crane if I does not have a really good knowledge on wiring and electric since German cranes are mostly controlled using lots of electronics. And replacement are expensive
http://www.bikboomtrucks.com/used-boom-truck-packages/ Just saw this, as well I saw two more used one at there competitors only a year old not much of a endorsement of how much people like them, but at that price how good do they need to be. I wonder if there just junk and falling apart or if there just not operator friendy