So in having my local mechanic diagnose the failed DEF module since he has truck and heavy duty computer capability, we removed it foolishly thinking Sany would send us a replacement.. But noooo, they want a Sany certified technician, Enter joke here, to verify, Our dealer is 4 hours away. Sany america says they wont warranty it since we removed it???? And also wont entertain the replacement EGR cooler we replaced because their again, "certified' technician didnt verify. So , IF we buy anymore there will be a large negotiation for machine with virtually NO warranty coverage. Waiting for a return call from georgia , to see ***. Bottom line is, if they arent paying for down time, then the warranty is worth nothing. SANY AMERICA, Listen up,, social media is a powerful tool.
Read their warranty policy. If it is like most OEM’s warranty, they will have qualifying statements in their warranty policy limiting what can be done within warranty by non-OEM dealer techs. And being emissions components, they are also limited by EPA regulations as well. Sany is likely completely within their legal rights in not supplying you parts. May not make you happy, but that is the way some of these things work
I don’t know anything about Sany but at my work we have to do several things for warranty so it can be processed. I have to diagnose, fill out service notes as to what I did, order the new part, return the old one in the box the new one came in, fill out paperwork for it, send it down to our warranty retention warehouse where it’s held for 90 days in case the OEM wants it back for examination, and fill out a special section on my work order concerning the fault. It’s all part of checking the boxes to make sure it’s documented properly and thoroughly, the OEMs don’t want to pay for parts that actually aren’t bad but were misdiagnosed, just as you the customer doesn’t want to either.
It's why I won't do anymore than a diesel particulate filter change, too many warranty issues.
No manufacturer pays anything for down time. There will be a passage in the warranty papers saying something like, we are not responsible for any consequential costs.
I started out working for an outfit that had a fleet of Oshkosh mixers. They would buy a set of new units, and then major components that failed on older trucks would get "warranted" off the new units. I specifically remember a transfer case on an older 200k+ mile truck being passed off as warranty. A 200k mile mixer was pretty well beat, at least the way we ran them. I suspect the manufacturers don't like this . . .
I think that is the same across the board. Our New Holland dealer used to give us a loaner machine, and they even gave us warranty on machinery that was well beyond warranty hours. He went above and beyond, but in the end they ended up out of business. What erks me is when they warranty something, and act like they are doing you a big favor.
...and so this is why you see all the paperwork from post #3....lying people made it bad for the rest of us honest people.
I don't think Sany are in any way unusual regarding warranty by wanting the problem to be as a minimum diagnosed (so any mis-diagnosis is on them not the customer) and possibly also repaired by somone they approved. Not all customers go into warranty claims with 100% altruistic motives, as some of the comments above clearly demonstrate. In today's climate I suspect that would go double for anything big-$$ such as aftertreatment system components.