Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

SANY TRUCK BRAKE PROBLEM

Ma_earthmover ยท 2022-03-23 11:23

Hi Everyone, Since our purchase of a SANY type SY 410 concrete mixer truck, we have suffered a lot of problems with the braking system it is quite very frequent , indeed for example between 16-03-2022 and 23-03-2022 I had 3 mixer trucks with a braking problem. Symptom: - the wear alarm sensor totally damaged - Worn brake sensor -Damaged brake drum - Damaged return and holding springs I would like to know if the way of driving or handling the truck plays a role in this damage and how can we avoid these problems or reduce the frequency of their appearance?

Replies13
  1. #1Ma_earthmover2022-03-23 11:25

    Other pictures about the matter

  2. #2Truck Shop2022-03-23 17:49

    Well by the looks of it-----------You ran the shoes to the rivets and most likely cam'ed over. From your pictures the brakes need to be inspected every month which is normal maintenance. The brake shoes were run too long. Or someone is riding the brake pedal-which is common practice for truck drivers here in America. In America it's more important to have a passenger seat piled high with Little Debbie Snacks and a 32 oz. big gulp than breaks.

  3. #3Ma_earthmover2022-03-24 05:12

    Hi there ; I understand , Indeed I agree with u that riding the brake pedal may be the reason. if u suspect other possiblities linked to manipulatiing and operationg the truck please share them with me. But how do u do the every month maintenance ? because what I do is I normaly wait for the Wear Alarm Sensor to get On , but sometimes our customers could lie and tell us they did not see the alarm , thus I want to understand for that monthly maintenance do do the inspection visually or do u in fact need to remove the wheel and controle the braking system area ?

  4. #4Truck Shop2022-03-24 07:39

    Trucks should have monthly scheduled maintenance. Breaks need visual inspection for thickness of lining and spring hardware, drums and wheel seals checked for leaking, plus any related parts to the air system. Which can be done without a complete disassembly. Normally done while checking fluid levels in drive axles and greasing U-joints and any related parts. It's a standard procedure, you can't wait for alarms or sensors to tell something is wrong. By then it's usually too late.

  5. #5Ma_earthmover2022-03-24 10:36

    I understand but could you specifiy to me how the brake inspection is done, cuz I have nothing very helpful about it on the book , like could ypu describe to what are the steps thats should normaly be , or os there a youtube video about the topic of brake inspection u can share with , a book to read etc ....

  6. #656wrench2022-03-24 11:02

    There should be rubber plugs in the inspection slots in the dust shields that you can remove(unless they are missing) to get a rough estimate of how much lining is left, accounting for the rivet height. Compare to a new shoe to get a comparison and then record the measurement for use when doing future brake inspections and you should be able to track the wear and change the linings before the linings are worn down to the rivets. Mixer trucks in constant stop and go traffic will be a lot harder on brakes with a shorter replacement interval than most other trucks.

  7. #7Ma_earthmover2022-03-24 11:22

    thank u for your answer , but what do u mean by that phrase ?

  8. #856wrench2022-03-24 11:28

    Compared to a truck travelling between cities, stop and go traffic causes a lot more brake wear and mixer trucks are usually heavy, even when the drum is empty

  9. #9Ma_earthmover2022-03-24 11:39

    Ahh Yes you are right now I understand , could u show a picture of the rubber plugs of the inspection slot on the dust shield ?

  10. #1056wrench2022-03-24 17:47

    this is the slot they may be in or missing like this one

  11. #11Ma_earthmover2022-03-25 10:15

    Here are the pictures , Indeed I did find the rubber plugs in the inspection slots in one dust shields for exemple and in another I did not , so Now I want to understand how does the wearing of the lining affects the measurements of these rubber plugs ? If I undestand well one should compare the rubber plugs of the truck per say to the plugs of a new one thus my question is to which % percentage of measurements of these rubber plugs should be the start to take actions for change ?

  12. #1256wrench2022-03-25 10:36

    The plugs are removed to gauge the lining thickness, that's all. They serve no purpose other than to plug the slots.

  13. #13Truck Shop2022-03-25 11:38

    Notice on the two images below there is a lip/line running the circumference of the shoe lining material red or blue. When that edge wears even to the edge of the brake drum it's time to replace the shoes.