Hi, what is the best HD truck diagnostic scanner out there? I looking to get one to be used on some John Deere, Sterling, International and Ford machines we have.
Are you looking for a truck scanner or equipment? I’ve heard good things about the jaltest for trucks and I hear many mixed reviews about texa.
I'm looking for one that works on trucks and construction equipments mainly the John Deere graders.
Texa works good for trucks.. bi directional. John deere... mostly a code reader. Will do some cylinder cut outs / regen
And how about graders and other construction equipments?
Gonna be lucky to find one beyond a code reader, Deere has set their programs as Proprietary and a no go for much of the diagnostics equipment gurus. Neighbor does Farm and Commercial equipment service, he cannot even clear codes on a Deere, has to pay a Deere shop tech to come out for that..
So Texa diagnostic won't be able to work on the John Deere 772D grader we have and won't be able to even clear the codes? So John Deere don't have their own? We don't want to have to pay a lot of money to have them sent their technician when we can just use that money for a diagnostic tester.
A machine costs what it costs. You might try to mitigate that to some point but you can't change it much after you own it. It's what you get for what you got.
You can call Deere, they set the dealers up with the tooling, is up to the dealer and sales reps as to what can be bought IF can be bought. Local AG shop cannot do Commercial Industrial, closest Industrial cannot do AG either, does not cross lines that way either.
Looked up the TEXA Tool, may be licensed thru Deere, seems only comes with Deere cabling and I suspect will have to buy the additional software as well cables to do other machines. If already have a TEXA may be a download or disc supplied program just to add Deere. No idea of cost$$$$
Some of Deere construction equipment is not as fortified into the take to dealer to clear codes and things a book can get you a long ways on some things
Anybody try the jaltest diagnostic tool?
You just explained it.
That is true.
I called them and they said that it can work on them. Over 8 grand for the complete kit.
I would like to know that too.
How many service calls will $8K buy? Will it in actuality save any money in a year?
Around here the dealer gets $2000.00 to show up and it goes up from there.
All my estimation stuff from a few years ago started at $1,000 just for them to return a phone call. A field call was $1,000 minimum just for the mechanic to pull his keys out of his pocket. The only way I ever got a field wrench bill under $5,000 was to go down to the local choke and puke, ask which guy was assigned to my job and tell him I wasn't paying for his breakfast. I had one young "Tech" try to justify 4 hours on site as "interpreting and analyzing" the read outs on the computer. All he had to do was drop in a flash file! It took me a couple of months of "interpreting and analyzing" whether or not I should pay the full bill.
That is a lot
That really is outrageous, man. Did you pay it?
i have the TEXA system, it works really well on the truck side. The equipment is hit or miss. I just added JD service advisor for AG for $500 from EP catalogs, I love it. It includes all the manuals for everything. That is one thing that TEXA is lacking. I also have CAT SIS and VOLVO SIS from them and they have been great, a bit of a pain to get set up, but after that, very good.
When you say Volvo do you mean you have techtool for equipment or prosis to look up parts?
I have Volvo Pro SIS for their manuals. The techtool I did have at one time is no longer supported, so its useless now. The only 2 Volvos I have worked on lately, the TEXA has done a decent job on, so I haven't had a real need for something better.
So they both are working out for you? Is EP catalog trust worthy? I just came across their site looking for a manual for the 310G backhoe.
Everything so far has been great, not one problem. On the larger downloads it takes some time to get them finished and installed but other than that I've been happy with them. They do offer the larger ones loaded on an external drive now.
I will give them a shot and get the external drive with the manuals. Thanks.