Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

scary?

bobin35 ยท 2011-06-06 19:40

Check this out!!

Replies21
  1. #1roddyo2011-06-06 19:55

    I like it:cool2

  2. #2heavylift2011-06-06 20:10

    I can't see how it's anchored, but I would pick it over the skid-steer into space... besides it has to pay at least a buck a day

  3. #3bobin352011-06-06 20:25

    On each side above the tracks it looks like winches?

  4. #4Hawkeye2011-06-06 21:20

    Is this for real??

  5. #5CM19952011-06-06 21:48

    If you look closely on the right side there is a cable running up that seems to be spooled around the right hand winch. I can't see a cable on the left side. Are these pictures from the Three Gorges Dam project in China?

  6. #6muzy2011-06-06 22:25

    Yup winches, if you zoom in you can see the one on the left. Look where the body of the hammer is. At first I was looking for the cable comming out of the winch, but well the machine would flip or spin if they came out there. So it looks like the run though those guides to the front and exit at those spool looking things. WOW. muzy

  7. #7Deeretime2011-06-06 23:06

    You wouldnt want to run your hammer through the winch cable in a momentary lapse of concentration!

  8. #8CM19952011-06-07 00:26

    OK, I see it now. It had to be there unless this was a super secret gravity defying PC78.

  9. #9mitch5042011-06-07 01:19

    Heck Yeah!!!!

  10. #10wnydirtguy2011-06-12 19:36

    I don't know which I would pick. That or this http://scaryideas.com/content/3257/

  11. #11qball2011-06-12 20:02

    there is no way in hell i would run that hoe like that.

  12. #12Blacksmoke072011-06-12 20:37

    You got that right qball.. HHHECK NO. Mabye its remote control or somthin..

  13. #13wnydirtguy2011-06-13 20:43

    come on guys no sense of adventure. I think it be good to put on your resume. I just hang around the job all day!!

  14. #14Blacksmoke072011-06-13 20:50

    So i guess they have to trim the face of the rock back some more to make fit for concrete? If im readin the picture correctly. But is that really the most effecient way to achieve that goal? haha..

  15. #15wnydirtguy2011-06-13 21:50

    they built mount rushmore with tnt and guys hanging from ropes with jackhammers. they just figured it be better to have a radio and a/c.

  16. #16sideways2011-06-16 00:53

    nice pic

  17. #17xcmark2011-06-16 17:11

    So what do you do when you have a bad case of the Chits when your running that gizmo ? There is no fast way to the bottom without a ejection seat!

  18. #18mitch5042011-06-16 23:57

    Neat pics, but another site where I should avoid the comments section, to cut down on annoyance.

  19. #19Dualie2011-06-20 00:26

    Hell sign me up as long as theres a pay bonus in it.

  20. #20JDOFMEMI2011-06-20 21:18

    Just think, when its nap time, you could just rock the house back 20* or so and it would be like a recliner. Looks like fun, and I don't usually like heights

  21. #21Taylortractornu2011-06-20 23:42

    I remeber when dad worked for Wright Brothers he was cabled off to a D9 with a 215 Cat cleaning p a mountain side in TN. I t was neat looking this takes the cake lol. As for the bathroom break just hang out the door and hope noone is under you. I hear you on the resting position. I was running the D5K we rented while my D5B was down. In that nice cab while I was letting the compactor catch up on the rubbish I pulledup up on a stock pile and parked. Man that was a good nap.