Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Scat Trak 1300C help with Float

Nerbflong ยท 2018-10-26 20:56

I've been lurking here the past few days learning all sorts of fun stuff. And now I have a question I'm hoping someone here can help me solve a problem. I recently purchased a scat track 1300c (I know, a poop trak lol) and I'm wondering about float mode. The manual says it has it but I can't get it to engage. By pure luck today I happen to be working across the street from a concrete crew that had a 1300C so I wandered over and asked them about float mode and they had no clue. I was allowed to look in the machine and peeked and noticed they did not have a welded on stop on the lift pedal that I have. It doesn't look factory at all. So was this added in to stop the float mode from engaging? I wonder if the float wasnt working or messed up and this stopped it from being used? And yes,I need to clean that area out lol. I just havent had time, been having too much fun playing in the dirt! Thanks for any help!!

Replies5
  1. #1mikebramel2018-10-26 21:06

    Detents on the end cap might be worn out

  2. #2Nerbflong2018-10-27 12:37

    Okay, thanks. Would holding the pedal down do the same thing? I'm just wondering still if this machine actually has float and if that welded angle iron is stopping me from getting to that point. Any other 1300 owners here?

  3. #3Welder Dave2018-10-28 03:02

    I'd guess someone was too heavy with their foot and/or the float engaged too easily so they welded the stop in instead of trying to fix the problem. Holding the pedal isn't the same as float and will labor the hyd's, cause heat build up and possibly serious damage. Having the boom raised, especially with a full bucket, and hitting float by mistake can cause some serious injury and is pretty scary.

  4. #4Nerbflong2018-10-28 20:35

    Dave, Thanks for the reply. I will try removing the angle iron and see if that does it. Thank you so much!

  5. #5Nerbflong2018-11-04 16:51

    Finally had time to cut that angle iron piece out. Looks like I do have a working float mode, yay!!! Thanks for the help! And whomever put that in must of had a very heavy foot lol.