i was just wondering .. does scat trak still make mini excavators .. i couldnt find a web site or anything im looking for some parts .. o ya were is there a dealer in the hratford conn area thanks Allen
Scat Trak (skid steer) went out of business and the line was picked up by Volvo http://www.volvo.com/constructionequipment/na/en-us/products/ I don't know if they picked the excavator line also Jeff
Scat track excavtors Scat track was a Cessna company, when Cessna got in financial trouble they sold off the skid steer line to Volvo. As the excavators were (and still are built in Italy by Libra) the excavator line was not Scat Tracks to sell. Vermeer then took over distribution in the US. Though Vermeer has since dropped the excavator line they still have a bunch of parts available and will order anything they don't have. It took me forever to discover all this when I had problems with mine. I imagine at some point Libra will find another distributor in the US, but as of now I'm not aware of any. If you find out otherwise please post it. I had problems with the pilot oil circuit in mine. As it turned out the valve body that the accumulator is mounted on has a relief valve in it that was dumping all the pilot oil. Vermeer had 50 of them in stock???? at $1000.00 makes one wonder why so many huh. Anyway it turned out to be a broken snap ring on the floating relief seat that cost a whopping .25. I have to believe this was fairly common failure, I hope this helps. Best Regards, SDcraneman
Scat Trak parts After hours of searching and many phone calls i have found the company that bought the stock of Scat Trak mini excavator parts. It's called parts-for-less and the phone number is 215-699-1701. They can also get parts from the manufacturer in Europe, but they aren't cheap. This is NOT an advertisement, but my feeble attempt to help out anyone that has problems getting parts and to give back what i can to these ever so helpful forums.
Anyone looking for a complete Scat Trak 520v excavator machine for parts let me know. I Have a complete machine that runs.