Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

scat trak S1350

england877 ยท 2016-03-03 21:59

Hey Guys, First off let me start by saying I`m a newbie here, but after reading some of the post, this seems like a great place to find help. I recently purchased a Scat Trak S1350 with the Kubota V1902 engine. I`ve been using the skidsteer for a few hours, and checked the oil in the motor, to find that the oil level is way above the full mark. My first thought was a blown head gasket, but there doesn't seem to be water in the oil. I checked the radiator and its still full, never ran hot. The engine was starting to blow the excess oil, out the crankcase vent tube in the valve cover when I found it. Is there a possibility that there`s diesel fuel getting in crankcase? If so, where would it be coming from? Any chance this could be hydraulic oil getting into the engine? Any help or suggestions as to what to check, would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Guys.

Replies8
  1. #1popsiclepete2016-03-04 14:24

    Did you check the level prior to running it? what was the level like then? was it purchased privately, at auction or through a dealer? The only reason I'm asking is some FLUNKY my have overfilled it. I'm not a mechanic by any means and I'm sure you you will get a lot better advice from the many experienced members that contribute so much valuable information.

  2. #2england8772016-03-04 19:49

    Thanks for the reply. I bought the skid steer about 6 months ago, from a individual, and have runned it several hours, and usually keep a close watch on all the fluids.So whatever has happened just happened to all the sudden. Kinda makes me think it's blown some type of a seal or something all that nature. I've talked to a few mechanics, and each one has a different opinion. I've heard the diaphragm in the lift pump is busted, I've heard and injector stuck open, green on the injector pump is bad. I'm just wondering if anyone else has experienced this before? Again any thoughts or opinions are greatly appreciated.

  3. #3crewchief8882016-03-05 07:00

    fuel lift pump is probably leaking. :drinkup

  4. #4Twisted2016-03-05 07:35

    ^^^I agree^^^ I would check the lift pump first.

  5. #5england8772016-03-05 08:30

    If the lift pump was leaking, would it cause the engine run rough, or not necessarily? The engine runs as smooth as as it always did.

  6. #6england8772016-03-07 08:58

    Is there a way to test/ check the lift pump?

  7. #7crewchief8882016-03-07 19:41

    most of the engines i see with leaking lift pumps run ok. until the crankcase fills with oil/fuel mixture and gets sucked up past the rings, the engine wot shut down. you probably could test it, when i see the oil overfull, and (usually) thin, i change the pump, drain & refill oil, and change the filter... :drinkup

  8. #8england8772016-03-07 22:48

    Thanks Crewchief888 for the reply. I went ahead and ordered a new lift pump today in hopes that this cures my problem. You are exactly right on the oil being really thin, almost like water. And it was starting to get sucked up past the rings and blown out the crankcase vent in the valve cover.