I was wondering if anyone can help me out here. I have a 2002 Gehl 6635DXT that keep snapping the grade 8 bolts that hold the hydraustatic transmission into the bell housing. The first two times it snapped the ear off the housing which meant buying a new housing this time I caught it just in time to not snap the housing just the bolt. I have checked the motor mounts and they are fine. Any help would be appreciated.
Check the bushing or isolator that will be the tail support for the pump
Please look at the attached diagram, ARE items # 26,27,28,29 all there? They show to be support for the front of the pump with brackets, bolts and bushings...These look like they control the pump from vibrating too much, Are they there???
I've been in the belly of a bunch of these 35 series gehls and don't ever recall seeing/remembering anything but the tandem pumps and aux. pump suspended from the back of the engine.
There are NO support brackets at all just 2 1/2" bolts into the bell housing to hold the entire pump in> I have talked to Gehl directly and they said that they have never heard of this before and all they use are the 2 1/2" bolts to hold the entire pump in.
There is no tail support, just 2 1/2 bolts into the bell housing
Direct out of the Gehl manual #907284 page 12
Well atleast you konw what the problem is. You can't hang 150lbs 3ft out with no support
I cannot find these same pump supports on the SXT models, Only on the DXT models, I'm as confused as to why. Had LOTS of vibration related repairs pump bolts etc. on the Case Uniloaders with pump bolted direct to engine, subsequent models had upgrades to support the front of the pump from underneath as a solution...I didn't think with the Duetz that vibration would be an issue???
I would say not but GEHL says differently. According to them they do not use supports, have only used the 2 bolts since 2000.
I have a DXT and it does not have support brackets. My manual does not even list the brackets.
Does your manual say it is for "Series 1" The DXT's are series 1, SXT's are "Series II"
Apetad is correct. series 1 machines had brackets & bushings whether it was sx std. flow or dx - high flow. Series 2 machines have different hydrostat pumps that sit closer to the engine and the crossmember under the seat bolts in instead of welded in like series 1 machines.
Manual says series II , machine says series II DXT