Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

School books

stock ยท 2009-02-05 15:47

Well guys the end of year one is fast approaching and yours truly is required to submit a paper so the question is this What is the bible on Foundations? What is the best book for site management? What book would you recommend for material quality,site setup /setout? and finally managing concrete the definitive guide? I have read alot of different books on these subjects but they seem to be very theory based (you know what I mean) lots of irrelavent s... stuff, ie.. not one book/books that I would want to keep in my office as a reference for future,so a book to cover all or some of the subjects listed above ,they can be in English ,Americian or north north America (Canadian) , so I'll put it this way you're going on a job to a desert Island, no broadband etc, what reference book/s would you take that will cover most of the bases and be practical? Stock

Replies2
  1. #1stock2009-08-13 06:12

    Well I got a book last week in the post which has justed been reprinted ,it fills the criteria I originally set out it is this, THE SITE ENGINEERS MANUAL . 2nd edition ,edited by DAVID DORAN distributed in the USA by CRC press and Taylor and Francis group. ISBN 978-1904445-70-8 USA ISBN 978-1-4398-0869-6

  2. #2Squizzy246B2009-08-13 09:29

    Try this one: http://www.amazon.com/Earthworks-Gu...=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1250170139&sr=1-2 and this is one I have used (but older edition) http://www.amazon.com/Moving-Earth-...=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1250170267&sr=1-3