I have a genie 2668rt scissor. gas engine lift runs well. in morning but later in day when it warms up and machine gets hot it shuts down then I have to wait a bit to start if I leave door open it seems that it won't do it. need help. why is it doing this?
Kubota gas engine ?
yes
Maybe the fuel pump stops when it gets warm. Next time it dies, spray a little starting fluid in the intake. That will show you if it's a fuel or spark issue. You can also get service manuals on genies website. I too have the same lift, and it is a nice little machine.
If it's one with an electric fuel pump I've had a few out here where the pump would go tits up in hot weather after a while when they have some wear on them. Actually that goes for a lot of electric lift pumps.
Ditto what skata said. You need to isolate a fuel delivery or spark issue then work from there. Also make sure your fuel supply lines are not collapsing, your inline fuel filter is clogged and your fuel tank is venting
Look at the radiator fins and make sure they are dirt /lint filled also make the belt is tight.
Look at the radiator fins and make sure they are dirt /lint filled also make the belt is tight.