Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Scraper bowl identification

tireman ยท 2012-08-06 13:07

I'm guessing it's a 651. Anybody else care to hazard a guess, or maybe can positively identify? http://www.flickr.com/photos/rocbolt/2694473124/

Replies4
  1. #1JDOFMEMI2012-08-08 12:45

    I think you are right, though it may be a 641. either way, it looks like it came from a stiff neck machine, not a cushion hitch machine. I say this because of the hoses and piping configuration.

  2. #2Greg2012-08-11 08:31

    Measure it and calculate the volume. That will tell if it is a 641 or 651. Then put a front dolly on it and decide if you should hook behind your D10 or D11.

  3. #3Vantage_TeS2012-08-26 00:22

    651B, possibly a water buff (notice the pipe and spray "hat" on the back). No dolly the neck isn't long enough.

  4. #4durtmvr2013-05-23 17:39

    I would say 651B. I think it did have a cushion hitch. Something weird about this bowl though. I have seen scrapers turned into waterpulls by boxing and baffling the bowl. Look at the RR of the can above the rear wheel. It looks like a spray head. Also it looks like they may have turned the bowl into a tank. Note the large steel above the bowl. I think they may have plumbed the pump through the ejector lines.