Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Scraper visiblity

YoungOne ยท 2008-04-26 15:42

Unsure what the machine was. But i spent this past weekend running a scraper at drill. And i couldnt see anything on the right side of the machine at all. Really got on my nerves. The machine has 933 hours on it, ran like new. Because it's never used hardly -Michael-

Replies11
  1. #1AtlasRob2008-04-26 16:04

    Welcome to the world of the motor scraper Theres only two places you need to see on a scraper. Where your going ( front) and the cutting edge ( back ) dont have to worry about anything else. Once people see the scraper coming they'll soon get out yu way Now you know why I stick to hoes :cool2

  2. #2Dozerboy2008-04-26 18:41

    You will get a feel for it with time and if you need to get really close just come up on stuff on the left for now.

  3. #3bushcat2008-04-27 11:00

    Hard to beleive you could run a machine for the weekend and not know what it is?

  4. #4YoungOne2008-04-27 12:55

    Military scrapers at my unit. do not have decal's on them. Their painted over. All we have is identification numbers. -Michael- Bull dozers are the same way. But we all know that army bulldozers are d7's and a few d10's in iraq.

  5. #5Dug Overburden2008-11-23 15:32

    Military scraper If it is military and single engine open bowl , it is probably a Cat 621B.

  6. #6Renfroe Grading2008-11-25 18:42

    That would be what is called a 621R

  7. #7Buckethead2008-11-25 19:31

    The latest model 621 is the 621G. I don't think they have gotten up to R yet.

  8. #8Bill in TX2008-11-25 20:21

    621R's were originally found primarily in European territory.Listings currently show Spain & Italy are current up to date locations.Part listings contain same info as a B model.How many years have you been running pans and who do you work for?

  9. #9Renfroe Grading2008-11-25 21:03

    R is often the military 621B's

  10. #10Buckethead2008-11-25 21:11

    I stand corrected! I learn something new every time I come here!:usa

  11. #11Renfroe Grading2008-11-25 21:20

    I saw one at a Cat dealer a few weeks ago that was still brand new but getting a full reman. The machines are usually stationed places for years and never used. Many of them also came with 3306's