Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

2-71 Gm Heads

greeniron ยท 2008-04-28 02:23

It`s not a cat question i know but i have a mate chaseing a 2-71 GM head he went into shock when the parts fellow told him it was going to set him back 3 to 5 thousand dollars just for the head and that they are like rocking horse s#@* to get does anyone have or can anyone give me some leads on were i can find him one at a realistice price he`s in oz but he`s willing to get it from anywhere

Replies7
  1. #1AtlasRob2008-04-28 15:35

    Check out the post after yours in the TS24 thread. Not sure if its allowed but its there.

  2. #2Underdog2008-04-28 16:58

    This outfit has them I'm sure, They have sent me 2 stroke detroit heads before , good work. http://dallas.industrialdiesel.net/catalog/

  3. #3greeniron2008-04-28 18:32

    atlasrob , thanks i sent him an e-mail but i see hes in india. I had to reply to 5 posts before i could ask a question on the forum underdog , sent them an inquiry so i`ll hear back tomorrow now i guess so thanks for the lead - they show they have them in stock for 500 bucks with valves Frieght will bump the price up but should still work out better than oz price so again thanks

  4. #4JDOFMEMI2008-04-29 18:18

    Greeniron I sent you a PM with a contact in case you need it.

  5. #5Willis Bushogin2008-04-30 18:31

    2-71 heads I think a friend of mine in NC, has, or knows where to get them. If you can get them for $500, thats a fair price. If you cant get them, send me a PM and I will give you the guys number Good Luck Has anyone heard of a 1-71 Detroit? I rebuilt one of these in school, while in the military. You dont see many of them around

  6. #6Phil2008-05-10 20:59

    1-71 Detroit picture Had this picture on file. Phil

  7. #7Cat-Peter2008-05-12 13:06

    Cute! One of those I could have in my living room! They are cute! Peter