Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Scrapers that bottom or end dump

DirtHauler ยท 2007-12-30 00:14

Could you buy a scraper fitted with an end dump or bottom dump from the factory, or were these all custom built? A local gravel mine uses 773 haul truck tractors and huge bottom dump trailers similar to what I have seen behind scraper fronts. Just wondering who all offered them or made them. I always assumed that these were custom made but now I am seeing more pics of them and wondered about manufactures.

Replies6
  1. #1637slayer2007-12-30 00:35

    ive seen some big bottom dump trailers never on a scraper tractor thou. always on a four tired truck they had to stop to get loaded but they made some bigger models that were huge

  2. #2Gavin84w2007-12-30 02:07

    I have seen pics from the peace river dam job that had lots of 660 with belly dumps behind them, in fact the ACMOC 2008 calender sports an image of them. They also had the option to put dual rear tyres on them like an OHT. A big outfit in New Zealand had 631C with ejectall bodies which worked just the same way as a scraper ejector, the company Stevensons at one time had the biggest Cat fleet in the southern hemisphere, a very good book called Kopuku was done on this company and is still available.

  3. #3alan627b2007-12-30 20:13

    Here's a link to a Cat 619 with an Athey PR619 rocker body.... http://www.machinerytrader.com/list...5633669&GUID=1D2840BC439048628F1DF6FF5EF726BE Also, a 621A with Athey PR621 rocker http://www.machinerytrader.com/list...5604081&GUID=1D2840BC439048628F1DF6FF5EF726BE Hope this helps! alan627b

  4. #4MMSOCAL2007-12-31 11:38

    Ill see if i can find some pics or i may take some but a local rock plant uses some pretty big euc's and i believe triple 7's to pull there bottom dump trailers. I can only imagine that they would pull quite a bit more than the tonage ratings for the normal raised bed modle.:usa

  5. #5alan627b2007-12-31 17:46

    Here's a couple of KW_Darts I found on the net.....100 or 150 tonners, I think...

  6. #6MMSOCAL2007-12-31 22:35

    thats is exactly what i see around here in the quarry except newer. thanks for the pics as soon as i get the pics from the quarry i will post them..thanks again:usa