my favorite thing is stripping topsoil on roadjobs.pioneering all the cuts and fills.i always hope to find a box of money somebody threw out after a robbery,but usually all i get are **** bottles thrown out by truckdrivers,i did find a new tacklebox one time with some lures in it.
Back when things was different i use to like to cut down the backslopes on some of our road jobs. Needed a good pushcat operator,that could hold the back of the scraper in place for you.Because he was on the slope most of the time also.Not always,depended on how high up the slope you was going and cutting! Now days they would probably fire you,but back then it was part of being a good scraper hand:drinkup :usa
Hit smart alleck pushcat operator with both barrels. Or leave me alone with R.O.W ditch to finnish. Better, yet my favorite is let someone else run em.
Welcome to Heavy Equipment Forums wormkiller! :drinkup
Watch them go by for the cab of my hoe.
I like sitting in the cab of my pickup and watching a good pair of operators make their twins just sing in the cut. It's quite a sight when you have two excellent operators who can work together like they're talking to each other through each process in the cut. Back when I did run them, I always liked running in front and my favorite thing was to be the first scraper to dive off new cuts. Give me a steep slope or high wall, sink my can and let my partner push me over the edge. I often had the dozer operators who were supposed to be roughing in the cuts getting on the radio yelling, "I haven't prepped that yet!!!" I'd just smile and stay on the throttle.
me and my partner were digging out our ramp that we were using to come in and out of our cut, not long enough to pushpull but the first scraper would set in and get a push from the other, after he was loaded we would both turn around and the loaded scraper would push the other back out. the guy on the dozer after watching us for awhile said "you guys look like your square dancing" the way we were both turning in synch, knowing what the other one was gonna do, one of the better compliments ive recieved in my scraper career.
I like being able to push pull all the way down to a tenth, i hateit when push pull scrapers get it within a foot and then start self loading to finish it, i also hate it whe they bring a dozer on are job, me and my identical twin ran push pull for 5 years, i ran lead, and by the 2nd year i never had to tell him what we were going to do, he always knew!
Now that its been a few years since I have even seen a twin I miss them some. I love building a huge stock pipe. I always build the edge something about hanging a tire off edge of the pile while running wide open.
yeah i always like running the edge down then when the back scraper hooked up i would swing him over there even closer and he would lay into the back motor and slide over the edge, it always made everyone nervous except us!