Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Screen Deck Configuration

James Blacklock ยท 2021-03-31 11:42

Hey y'all, we just purchased a 6'x20' 3 deck Powerscreen with a top deck discharge chute, and opposing direction discharge belts at the end of the 2nd and 3rd deck. Decks 2 and 3 also have flop-gates at the discharge end. I'm looking for common screen configurations to make anywhere between 1-3 products at a time. Our typical roster of products includes, Gabion, 2' Clear, 1 1/4" Clear, Granular B types I and II, and 3/4" Crusher Run. Any notes or diagrams involving what size screen to use in each deck would be greatly appreciated.

Replies3
  1. #1cuttin edge2021-03-31 16:46

    Gravel, or blasted quarry? Crushed or just screening? Elongated material makes a difference. Wet or dry? Is the screen box pretty flat, or is it higher on one end than the other. We have pretty much every size there is because depending on the situation, you need a different screen. We had a.... I want to say Elrus, and you could change the angle of the deck to get the material to fall faster across the screen. Which end of the country are you in?

  2. #2James Blacklock2021-03-31 17:46

    Blasted limestone coming off a 60" impactor. All dry screened. 5 degree incline from feed to discharge. Working in southern Ontario. Been crushing and screening premium washed stone for the last six years. Haven't scalped clear stone off of a crusher run forever. Just trying to refresh my memory. Working with the floodgates at the discharge end might be a bit of trial and error at first.

  3. #3cuttin edge2021-03-31 20:00

    Never worked around limestone. Here in NB is mostly gravel or hard quarry. Been a while since I worked around the crusher, but I do remember it was always trial and error, especially working with spec material. Our spread has the primary, a double box screen, and a single box screen, and the 2 cones. A lot of the material for asphalt has to go through the barmac as well. There is a crusher section farther down. I've seen them talk about working with limestone.