Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Seal Kit

talltexan6ft7 · 2023-04-13 09:38

HI, I am in need of a loader lift seal kit for my 580b and don't know who to buy from! I can get one from $35.00 to $129.00 but I don't want to buy a piece of junk! Can anyone on here recommend a reputable supplier? Thanks!

Replies14
  1. #1Swetz2023-04-13 09:48

    I have had real good luck with CEA. Best prices I could find and they sell Hercules kits. Best bet is to call them and verify what you want. I have a New Holland tractor. I got the OEM numbers and they got me the kits. CEA Services Thanks for visiting our store! There are more than 100,000 Line Items available. Please contact us with your parts needs! cea-services.com

  2. #2Tinkerer2023-04-13 10:07

    Dale Weiss is a former Case dealer and is a human encyclopedia of anything Case. I have been buying parts from him for 20 years. Click here for his website ! I wish I could highlight that link with color.

  3. #3Legdoc2023-04-13 21:45

    Fixing to refurbish a 580M. Dale's contact info will come in handy.

  4. #4MG842023-04-13 22:34

    If its a machine you plan on keeping go to the Case dealer and pay whatever they are asking (assuming still availble.) The OEM stuff really is that much better to justify 2-3x the price. This is especially true on something like cylinders which I don’t want to be rebuilding after the crappy aftermarket parts failed prematurely...

  5. #5Tinkerer2023-04-14 09:56

    The last time I bought Case OEM seals it cost me $135.00 for the piston seals only. Hercules and Bulldog are as good as any OEM seals that I have installed. I have used all three with long lasting good results.

  6. #6talltexan6ft72023-04-14 10:33

    Thanks for the replies!

  7. #7MG842023-04-14 21:40

    What were they for? Between my 450c dozer and 480e backhoe I bought 9 different complete cylinder seal kits from case over the past couple years and none were over $150. Often the entire cylinder kit is cheaper than just the piston seals or gland seals.

  8. #8Tinkerer2023-04-14 22:20

    A backhoe boom cylinder. It was the last one available in the entire CNH system.

  9. #9franklin22023-04-15 08:47

    Over the last 6 years I have rebuilt all the cylinders on the rear of my case 480c. I always use the cheaper ones on Ebay and I have not had any problems with them. The last cylinder left started leaking the other day and I just ordered a swing cylinder kit for $25.00 free shipping. That will hopefully do it for the rear, so far the front has been good. It seems they get to a certain age, the original seals just crumble.

  10. #101693TA2023-04-15 08:49

    Dr. Foam on ebay? Good supplier I've used many times. Nice guy too. If you have the OEM part numbers for seal kits, Reliable Aftermarket Parts online are very good also.

  11. #11franklin22023-04-15 17:17

    Reliable is who I buy most of them from.

  12. #121693TA2023-04-15 18:08

    Good people to me on several instances. Dr. Foam on ebay; I had ordered the lift, and curl cylinder kits for the 1845C when one curl cylinder started leaking. Dr. Foam's kits were duplicates in every way including colors of the parts and work flawlessly. Much less $$$ than the Case/IH vendored kits. Knowing the Case/HI parts guys very well, I took the aftermarket kits in for comparison. They too have patronized his business for hydraulic seal kits though I cannot attest to what. No plugs are meant at all. Only reflecting my personal experiences with two vendors I will patronize again. There are plenty that will never see another nickel from me also citing bad service.

  13. #13talltexan6ft72023-04-16 09:23

    Thanks everyone!

  14. #14stinky642023-04-16 17:34

    I too have gotten a lot of parts from reliable aftermarket parts with excellent reviews, HWPartStore has been my go to for my machine and several others for seals,very helpful knowledgeable folks for anything hydraulic related.