Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Sears Backhoe seat squeaking. How to fix?

emmett518 · 2024-04-24 07:03

I have a Sears Seating backhoe seat in my Deere 310L. It's squeaking when the backhoe bounces, and it's driving me nuts. Tried removing the skirt, and spraying with silicone lube. No success. Tried calling Sears, and asking for advice, and ended up with some very bitchy female who refused to offer any advice, telling me to call Deere. She did offer the suggestion that it was probably worn out, and that I should buy another one. Any advice on fixing this?

Replies4
  1. #1HarleyHappy2024-04-24 12:48

    OMG, I’m still laughing my ass off! Is this a serious question? Called Sears and asked about a squeaky seat. Haaahhhaaahhaa, okay so, I got that out of my system. I didn’t know Sears was still around? Think there are none left around here and I sure wouldn’t call them for this issue. lol. Must be some springs in the seat, think wire bent into clips. Only way would be to get to the wire rack and grease but think it would just do it again. I wonder if you could drill some holes in the pan and shoot some Red n Tacky up in with the nozzle?

  2. #2emmett5182024-04-27 06:20

    Sears is a seating manufacturer that makes seats for heavy equipment, trucks, etc. It's not spring related. It's related to the pivot points on the air ride seat. It has nothing to do with Sears Roebuck.

  3. #3stinky642024-04-27 10:29

    If that seat as an adjustment lever that sticks out the front make sure it's not bent and rubbing on another metal component when rocking back and forth. No amount of lube will remedy that noise, need to locate where rubbing and eliminate contact. Have encountered this problem on a bunch of truck seats, and yes that noise will drive you batshit crazy.

  4. #4CM19952024-04-27 12:26

    LMAO!