OK, so let me ask you this. It is a New Holland C175. I know there is a sensor inside the seat belt latch mechanism. I have checked tons of stuff and this is the last thing I can think of. When traveling and you hit a bump or rocky road the machine stops(engine continues running) and slams parking brake on you. What I am thinking is that the bumps or vibration is causing an issue inside the seat belt mechanism making the machine set the brake. On New Holland.com it says this a part is not serviceable. Does that mean we have to just buy a new one and hope that's the problem LOL. Thoughts?
NC, have you checked that the seat switch is not loose? O that there is not a wiring issue at the seat switch. I had that problem on my old LX565 until I figured out what was happening. Tim
I had that idea, I changed the seat switch from a normal closed switch to a normal opened and took it out of the seat so that it is just "floating" under the seat. So I dont think the 2 things are related. So now I think it is either the seat belt switch or the wiring from the seat belt. Is there a way to test the seat belt switch for ground?
Sorry thats backwards I mean that the circuit is closed all the time now for the seat switch atleast for the moment I have a replacement seat switch to go back top factory when I find out what the problem is. I also had a problem with the "red" hot wire coming out of relay 1 in the overheard fuse panel. If I remember right it was something for glowplugs. The weather tight little rubber plug that holds the wire into the fuse panel was no longer holding tight so I RTV the plug in tight.
Years ago, I used to run New Hollands. Finally got rid of them because of the electrical problems and seat sensors, Good Luck.
Grrr LOL! This thing has a gremlin I swear
They all do. Kind of a never ending battle on them. Yes you have to buy the entire seat belt. it is not cheap either. That is probably the thing I was the happiest to get away from when we switched, no more seat belts to fight.
Ok, so here is the update. Starts just fine. While traversing the parking brake will set, and the glow plug light illuminates. *** :Banghead
as a suggestion try disconnecting the seat belt wire where it enters the catch and bridge it out this will bypass the microswitch inside the catch assembly and let you know weather this is the problem
Ok will do. I just find it odd that the Glow Plug light illuminates when the brake is set. Ideas?