Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Seat for mini-ex

Lil' Puss ยท 2014-01-07 10:55

I need a new seat for my Mitsubishi 3.5 tonner. It doesn't have joysticks so I don't have the luxury of sitting back and working, instead there are full motion ISO levers. The OEM seat is in perfect condition but was designed for people of slighter stature, hence my back aches. Northern Tool has a good selection, but I was wondering what other operators have and like. Thanks.

Replies7
  1. #1AirBornOne2014-01-08 22:06

    Have you seen http://www.surpluscenter.com/Seats/ bunch of seats & parts on their site. HTH J

  2. #2Lil' Puss2014-01-10 01:36

    Thanks, I forgot about them.

  3. #3joispoi2014-01-10 01:39

    I think you'll find that even with the best seat money can buy, your back pain will persist. The pain is caused by muscle fatigue from bending forward. Sell the machine and buy one with joysticks. Money spent on a machine that doesn't wear down the body as quickly is money saved on physical therapy.

  4. #4DoyleX2014-01-11 20:37

    jump seat out of a big truck works in my pc45 kmartsu

  5. #5Lil' Puss2014-01-12 14:16

    I don't think the back problem is from leaning forward, it's from not being able to lean back at all, and having no back support. The OEM seat is similar to a class 8 truck passenger/jump seat which is more of a courtesy seat.

  6. #6joispoi2014-01-12 14:57

    I didn't realize the factory seat was that bad.

  7. #7Lil' Puss2014-01-12 17:13

    Yeh, it is. The back is 90 degrees straight up from the seat cushion and very low. It looks almost identical to this one: http://www.surpluscenter.com/Brands/Seat-Solutions/340-UNIVERSAL-2-PIECE-BLACK-SEAT-1-3205.axd