Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Servicing my Kubota KX91-3

ottawamerc · 2014-01-07 21:40

Hi everyone I just bought this excavator and I am changing all the oils and filters. I don't have a MSM "yet" I picked up all the oils and filters (except the hydraulic oil) from the dealer. There are 2 hydraulic filters that I got a return and a supply filter, they are quite large and I cant figure where they go? Could someone direct me as to their proper locations. Also how do I drain and or flush the hydraulic tank? Kubota parts are way too $$$$ I know that they are typically recommended but any recommendations to an alternative equivalent in hydraulic oil that I could get at TSC or a lubricant supplier? The dealer also gave me a fuel filter that looks like a engine oil filter but I cant find its location either, the only fuel filter I see is on the left side with a clear bowl and a paper element inside...is that the one? Sorry for the long post and many ???? Scott

Replies2
  1. #1jack3452014-01-07 23:38

    Not knowing your Kx91-3 that well the supply & return filters will be in hydraulic tank, fuel filter should be next to fuel pump it should tick-tick when key is turned on. Go to Messick's and down load parts manual for your model to get proper locations and part numbers etc http://www.messicks.com/

  2. #2Tags2014-01-08 09:02

    Indeed the hydraulic filters are in the tank, you need to pull off the access cover on top of the tank to access them. As far as the fuel filter goes, some of the earlier – three series had a paper filter. You just have to return the spin on one and get the correct paper filter. I go through this with my Kubota dealer all the time if I don't specify I need the paper filter. As far as hydraulic oil, of course you can use other oil than Kubota brand, just make sure it is a high quality oil and it matches the specs of the Kubota stuff.