My 1999-2000 JD 120 has a pretty common seat. I'm not sure if the weight adjuster is mechanical or air, because it doesn't work (my guess would be mechanical). The main problem I'm having is that there's a fair amount of front to back slop in the seat. I'd say about 1/2 to 3/4 inch of travel, just enough to drive me nuts when trying to get something done. My question: Is there a way to fix this issue without tearing the seat apart? Also is the weight adjustment fixable? Machine has 9700 hours, well maintained. Thanks!
The weight adjustment is just the knob you twist on the front, it is attached to 2 springs inside that are tensioned to gain stiffness. You can pull the rubber skirt down and make sure both springs are attached. There is also a gas strut toward the rear of the seat frame that can go bad. As for the slop, you'll have to decide where it's coming from. The sliders tend to wear out but there are a ton of joints in the height adjustment that can wear too. Luckily there are kits available from JD to fix most issues w/o dropping $1500 on a new seat.
Deere tracks, thanks. That info will get me started, but looking like I've got some engine noise I need to check out first!