Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Securing mini ex (1.7T) in dump trailer

ElliottG ยท 2022-06-04 20:56

Hi guys, I have a 5x10 dump trailer and put my 1.7T mini inside. I'm wondering what you guys do or the laws for securing the machine inside the trailer? Are the laws are different from an open deck trailer because the machine is "constrained"? Thanks, Elliott

Replies6
  1. #1KSSS2022-06-04 21:11

    In the US you would need to chain the front and back of the excavator and one across the bucket. Machines over 10K would need 4 chains on the machine and one across the bucket.

  2. #2ElliottG2022-06-04 21:14

    Thanks. Should have stated I'm in Canada.

  3. #3Camshawn2022-06-04 21:22

    Former neighbour chained his mini to 4 D rings set into the floor of his dump trailer and a strap across the bucket as well. Cam

  4. #4skyking12022-06-04 21:53

    If your trailer does not have D-rings put some in. ^

  5. #5ElliottG2022-06-04 21:55

    Yes it does have D rings. Just wondering if it absolutely needs 4 chains. For such a small machine it seems like overkill.

  6. #6skyking12022-06-04 22:01

    I chain each side at the back on mine, and toss one across/through the blade eyes and strap the bucket down. It's twice as big.