Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Guinea Pig

ianjoub · 2022-06-06 18:45

Ok you can laugh now or give me crap later I just wired off money to China. Alibaba score! I purchased one 1.8t mini ex and a mini skid steer. Skid steer is tracked and 25 hp Kubota diesel. I was told about 45 days to Port of Tampa. I got 6 additional attachments between the 2, in addition to the standard buckets. When (if) they arrive, I will give updates as they go. About $32k total including shipping and import duties. https://www.alibaba.com/product-det...932.html?spm=a2700.details.0.0.7db2788esY01Gq https://www.alibaba.com/product-det...781.html?spm=a2700.details.0.0.3fb8528bHXQz1t

Replies110
  1. #1Tags2022-06-06 22:29

    Ooooooo…..it’s like seeing a good movie and having to wait for the sequel. Hopefully the sequel doesn’t suck check out this guys experience, seems like he’s got it figured out…. https://www.tractorbynet.com/forums...fying-a-new-mini-excavator-from-china.399296/

  2. #2ianjoub2022-06-06 22:55

    Ok, I only got 20+ responses into that thread. I paid for CIF not FOB. I paid the vendor for shipping to the Port of Tampa. It was quite reasonable. I don't know if I will get hit with costs or duties when I go pick it up. If I do, I will suck it up and learn from it. The mini skid steer was $11,400. The same size Vermeer is $48,000.

  3. #3Tags2022-06-06 23:00

    I really do hope it works out for you, please keep us updated!

  4. #4uffex2022-06-07 06:24

    Good day Cover your backside, insist workshop manuals - circuit schematics & parts book. You may need those later. Kind regards Uffex

  5. #5Vetech632022-06-07 08:03

    LOL............sorry, I couldn't resist.

  6. #6CM19952022-06-07 09:13

    I've been to China twice - you are much, much more trusting than me to wire them $32K for equipment you can't put your hands on... Good luck?

  7. #7ianjoub2022-06-07 09:20

    Wow, inexpensive, digs holes, and flies! I really scored on this deal

  8. #8AusDave2022-06-07 12:35

    Can't wait to see how this goes ...

  9. #9zeroo2022-06-07 19:08

    I’m in.

  10. #10ianjoub2022-07-22 18:21

    ok, so 45 days to Tampa actually means 45 days to produce the product, then the shipping time starts So far, all I have is a pic of the mini ex. The mini skid steer is still in production.

  11. #11ianjoub2022-08-09 17:18

    latest email: "Dear How about the mini skid steers loader we use blue color? Cause the workers make it blue color" Ahhhh, sure?

  12. #12Tags2022-08-09 17:36

    Blue it is!!

  13. #13materthegreater2022-08-09 22:51

    Worldwide shortage on yellow paint

  14. #14ianjoub2022-08-23 14:58

    2 weeks later... David, This is going on 3 months since my deposit was sent. Are the 2 machines built yet? Have you arranged the shipping? Ian Dear The mini excavator already. The mini skid steers loader just waiting for kubota engine factory testing. After their test. We will send it to the port. Within 7 days Thank you for the update.

  15. #15zeroo2022-08-23 19:50

    Cant wait.

  16. #16ianjoub2022-09-20 18:35

    Wired off the rest of the money today. I was told the units were sent to the port. The mini skid steer IS blue It is packed up with the attachments I ordered, good sign

  17. #1792U 34062022-09-20 19:19

    Love the USA #1 decal. No cabs on those units or they ship seperate?

  18. #18ianjoub2022-09-20 19:53

    Open station on the excavator, thr ROPS is in the crate in the pic above. The mini skid steer you stand on the back

  19. #1992U 34062022-09-20 20:53

    Hard to gauge how big the skid steer is in the pictures without something to compare it to lol. I thought it was a lot larger.

  20. #20ianjoub2022-09-20 21:05
  21. #21Tags2022-09-21 06:29

    Way better than a wheel barrow!!

  22. #22Vetech632022-09-21 08:01

    Ditchwitch makes that same type of loader. They are a pain in the ass to work on. I was happy when that landscape company got rid of those things lol

  23. #23Tags2022-09-21 18:51

    Tends to happen when they try to stuff 10 lbs of goodness into a 5 lb bag.

  24. #24CM19952022-09-21 19:47

    Well I guess all the hydraulic oil spots on the assembly "frame" are a good sign..?

  25. #25ianjoub2022-09-22 10:36

    I'd rather see them there than on the machine It may be like a Harley: if it isn't leaking oil it doesn't have any oil in it!

  26. #26ianjoub2022-10-07 15:24

    I had to file the ISF with customs last week. These things should be on there way by now. Expected to be in NY on Nov. 5th. They then need to travel to FL. I am not sure how they get transported on that leg, if by ship, train, or truck. Surely I will have them in my possession by the 1st of the year, right ?????

  27. #27Cpaine2022-10-16 10:08

    This!!! I do hope it all works out for you but personally I would rather buy something used / wore out, that you can buy parts for locally, and just refurbish the rig. As already said, better than a wheel barrow! I am sure you’re well aware, when stuff needs repair/parts, and it will, things will get interesting! looking forward to hearing more! good luck!

  28. #28ianjoub2022-11-10 11:13

    Latest update is arriving in NYC Nov 28th. Not sure when that will get it to FL, not sure why it was delayed, not sure why it is taking 6 months from the original money wire to get this stuff. This is obviously designed to help me improve my patience.

  29. #29CM19952022-11-10 20:07
  30. #30ianjoub2022-11-28 16:21

    Please be advised that this is a Prealert notice for an import shipment to which you are a party. Shipment Details: Exporters HBL: QDUC22090363 CTI Arrival Notice: IMPJER2248014 Container Number: EMCU8731971 Port of Loading: QINGDAO Port of Arrival: NEW JERSEY Expected Vessel Arrival: November 28, 2022 Expected Cargo Availability: December 8, 2022 For full detail please review the attached arrival notice Please note: Cargo release can be obtained by payment of ALL charges due, where applicable, and with clearance by US Customs. Regards CaroTrans International Inc

  31. #31ianjoub2022-12-12 19:16

    Moving my way at a snail's pace: 01-DEC-2022 11:21 CONTAINER LOADED; CARRIER DISPATCHED 07-DEC-2022 23:59 (AA) NORTH BERGEN NJ 08-DEC-2022 12:52 ARRIVED AT PICKUP LOC (X3) NORTH BERGEN NJ 08-DEC-2022 13:52 CARRIER DEPARTED WITH SHIPMENT (**) NORTH BERGEN NJ 08-DEC-2022 14:02 CARRIER DEPARTED WITH SHIPMENT (**) NORTH BERGEN NJ 08-DEC-2022 14:04 CARRIER PICKED UP ON 12/08 08-DEC-2022 14:40 IN-GATE (I1) KEARNY NJ 08-DEC-2022 14:40 PASSING VIA EDI (X6) KEARNY NJ 08-DEC-2022 23:59 (AA) NORTH BERGEN NJ 09-DEC-2022 09:41 PASSING VIA EDI (X6) KEARNY NJ 09-DEC-2022 18:25 RAIL DEPARTURE FROM ORIGIN RAMP (RL) KEARNY NJ 09-DEC-2022 19:25 PASSING VIA EDI (X6) NORTH BERGEN NJ 10-DEC-2022 04:30 PASSING VIA EDI (X6) NORTH BERGEN NJ 11-DEC-2022 08:16 PASSING VIA EDI (X6) JACKSONVILLE FL 12-DEC-2022 05:19 PASSING VIA EDI (X6) JACKSONVILLE FL 12-DEC-2022 07:04 PASSING VIA EDI (X6) JACKSONVILLE FL 15-DEC-2022 10:00 (AB) TAMPA FL

  32. #32zeroo2022-12-12 19:22

    Lol.. i was just here snooping around and was thinking of this thread. Cant wait for delivery. Got a youtube channel? Upload your unboxing.

  33. #33ianjoub2022-12-12 19:25

    I don't have a video camera. I will try to remember to snap a couple of pics though.

  34. #34zeroo2022-12-12 19:37

    What are you snapping pics with?

  35. #35ianjoub2022-12-12 19:46

    I have a small digital camera somewhere. I have an Samsung phone I can use as well if I can figure out how to use it. I only use it for a wifi hotspot for my laptop.

  36. #36ianjoub2022-12-20 16:36

    Wasn't sure on this, but looks like 25% tariff. Still way cheaper than buying here. I can pick up tomorrow I think! Oh, and $433 or so to the warehouse on top of this.

  37. #37Pixie2022-12-20 16:53

    I'm looking forward to seeing these things !!

  38. #38crane operator2022-12-20 18:22

    I don't know what $ you paid, but ritchie bros had a bunch of new, no name chinese mini's they sold on the last auction I was watching. They brought $6,500- 7,500 each.

  39. #39ianjoub2022-12-20 18:26

    Yes, the 1T mini's bring that. This one is a 1.8T, 19 hp Kubota diesel with bucket, hydraulic thumb, and hydraulic breaker.

  40. #40ianjoub2022-12-20 18:28

    no secrets here

  41. #41crane operator2022-12-20 19:15

    So its the $32,800 plus the 10k of tariff? So around $43,000 for the pair, if there's no other fees?

  42. #42ianjoub2022-12-20 19:45

    yes, 43 for the pair and the 6 or 7 attachments

  43. #43ianjoub2022-12-22 22:35

    .

  44. #44ianjoub2022-12-22 22:37
  45. #45ianjoub2022-12-22 22:40
  46. #46zeroo2022-12-22 22:56

    Good.

  47. #47colson042022-12-22 23:22

    Hell yeah! Glad to see everything came through ok. I've looked at stuff on alibaba before but always had my doubts about the sellers following through.

  48. #48ianjoub2022-12-22 23:26

    They neglected to include the trencher I paid $1350 for. I sent off an email to see what remedies we have. I would consider buying a few more attachments to sweeten the pot to get them to send the trencher. I try to be optimistic and assume it was just an oversight...

  49. #49Tags2022-12-23 07:13

    Glad you got them! Why would they send everything they were supposed to, it seems that very few people/companies do what they say anymore… Now put them to work and get us some live action shots!

  50. #50spitzair2022-12-23 22:23

    Awesome! Glad it worked out! A buddy of mine buys all kinds of stuff on alibaba but never anything this significant!

  51. #51ianjoub2022-12-23 22:46

    response to my email, everything seems to be on the up and up to this point. I feel he/they will make this right: Very sorry about this. The workers forget about to put it into the box. We try to use DDP service to send you. Or return money back you. Or if you have second order for me. Send you together. I got covid19. Will be slowly. Keep in touch

  52. #52Shimmy12022-12-24 09:44

    LMFAO. ******* China virus. Will go down in history as the new "my dog ate my homework".

  53. #53crane operator2022-12-24 10:07

    Glad for you that your equipment showed up (most of it). I hope that they work out okay for you. I just think that $40,000 would have bought pretty decent used domestic production/ local dealer equipment. Something deere/tak/cat/case/bobcat? I mean- new is nice- but there's no support at all for that stuff- is there?

  54. #54ianjoub2022-12-24 10:58

    In theory, factory support for their parts. I am hoping I will have no trouble sourcing Kubota parts for the engines. The hydraulics are supposed to be name brand Italian stuff. At the time I ordered this stuff, used equipment was bringing new prices.

  55. #55ianjoub2022-12-24 22:57

    I received a Kubota manual for both engines, but no owners/operators manual for either machine. I will have to figure out all the controls. They are not all 'normal' patterns. Also, the hydraulic breaker came with a nitrogen bottle. Unfortunately, there is no literature on if the breaker has oil in it, what oil it takes, how to add oil, where to charge it with nitrogen, how much to charge it with, .... etc.

  56. #5692U 34062022-12-24 23:13

    Any breaker I've ever seen does not need oil. Its powered off the aux hydraulic circuit. Post some pics of the breaker, I might be able to dig some info up.

  57. #57ianjoub2022-12-25 10:03

    As I said, I received a bottle of gas as well, I assume nitrogen.

  58. #5892U 34062022-12-25 11:40

    If you can't find a nitrogen spec anywhere I'd start at around 180-200 PSI. Too low nitrogen charge it will hit light/fast. Too high it will hit slow or not at all, depending on what your relief is set at. The nitrogen is what gets compressed by the piston and gives it the force to hammer into the toolbit. Looks almost identical to a brand I deal with quite often and they're spec'd anywhere from 230-250 PSI depending on size. Better to start a little low and see how it works first.

  59. #5992U 34062022-12-25 11:42

    If you keep the tool bit greased regularly it'll last a long time. Worn bushings can put a lot of side force on the piston and eventually chew it up.

  60. #60John C.2022-12-25 14:13

    I've always treated the nitrogen charge a nothing but a spring for the hammer inside the breaker to rebound on. The power in the hammer was due to the flow and pressure from hydraulic system.

  61. #6192U 34062022-12-25 15:16

    Depends on the breaker. Some are full hydraulic and the nitrogen accumulator is only there to take the pressure spikes out of the return flow. A breaker like we're looking at here uses hydraulic and the nitrogen to fire. Hydraulics push the piston up into the nitrogen chamber and the combined force of the nitrogen and hydraulics drive the piston down onto the toolbit. When the nitrogen charge is empty the breaker gets very weak since there's no nitrogen pressure in there for the piston to rebound against. It is very common that I'll recharge a low hammer and then get a phone call from the customer once it gets on the jobsite saying it doesn't hit anymore. Once they turn the pressure relief up to where it should have been set at 99% of the time the breaker works properly.

  62. #62ianjoub2022-12-28 18:16

    Ok, first problem. The skid steer threw at track at less than 5 hours. It was a PITA to get back on. When back on, it was popping and trying to walk off again. I brought it home and did the inspection. The sprocket retaining nut was missing and the sprocket would have walked all of the way off if the idlers didn't prevent it. I checked the other side. The nut had little to no torque on it. Maybe it is supposed to be that way for the bearing, I do not know as I have no service manuals. What I do know is it is a castle nut and the shaft is drilled for a cotter pin. No cotter pin was present on the side that still had the nut. I assume a cotter pin was not installed on the side that the nut went missing. Now the big issue: Where do I find a 32mm x 1.75 nut? I haven't been to the shop for my thread pitch gauge yet. I measured the 32mm, my best guess is 1.75, looks to coarse to be 1.5...

  63. #63zeroo2022-12-28 18:52

    Well, that sucks. But how was it for the 5 hr? I think it is obtainable even if you have to have it machined, but i bet it’s available in some form. Might not be a castle but you can drill it.

  64. #64ianjoub2022-12-28 19:04

    It is much stronger than the Vermeer 925 I have rented many times. It also pushes (bull dozer) MUCH better. It does need some counter weights and maybe some 'wheelie bars'. It likes to roll both ways in line with the tracks.

  65. #65ianjoub2022-12-28 20:13

    Edit: M32 x 2.00 Anyone have on laying around?

  66. #66ianjoub2022-12-28 20:15

    I guess I should add: The mini ex is doing fine. It works well, tracks well, and seems to have adequate power to do the work it was intended for. My only gripe is the 2.3 mph ground speed. WOW, it is slow tracking around!

  67. #67zeroo2022-12-29 17:55

    Well my u48-5 goes just wee bit faster at 3mph. It’s painful if i have to do something on the other side of farm. At least I have hvac and can watch youtube in the cab.

  68. #68Vetech632022-12-29 18:55

    ANDDDDDD Hereeeeeeeee we goooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

  69. #69ianjoub2023-01-07 15:27

    This is the inside of the track frame where the idler slider runs for track adjustment. The grease tensioner presses against the back and moves the idler/shaft forward. The cutouts in the bottom are where the rollers bolt through the frame. When the track came off, I loosened the grease zerk in the tensioner. I was able to press the idler back, but it stopped before it got far enough back leaving me insufficient play to get the track back on. My field solution, as I was working in the muddy bottom of a fairly deep pit, was to cut the idler shaft. This allowed me enough play to get the track back on. When I got home I removed it and welded it back together. The weld will be fine as it can't go anywhere and the only force on it will be compression. I figured out the tensioner was dropping slightly and then was pressing a flat portion against the square holes in the bottom of the track frame, thus not allowing the assembly to collapse any more. My solution was a piece of 16 gauge sheet metal cut to lay flat in the bottom of the track frame. This will prevent the tensioner assembly to get locked out too far when I need to collapse it again.

  70. #70ianjoub2023-01-07 15:30

    I got it back together fully collapsed. Reinstalled and tensioned the track. I made another one for the other side but will wait to put it on. I am not sure I would be able to get the track off to do the job as the tensioner is likely to hang up and not collapse enough to get the track off. I will have to wait until it derails itself. Once it does, the reinstallation with my mod is a relatively quick and simple thing.

  71. #71ianjoub2023-01-08 19:55

    Next up, drained battery on the mini skid steer. I look at the alternator and there is nothing plugged into the 3 prong connector on the back of the alternator. A quick search turned up no wire/connector in the area that was just unplugged...

  72. #72CM19952023-01-08 20:03

    I appreciate the fact you are owning this and keeping us informed on the trials and tribulations.

  73. #7392U 34062023-01-08 20:06

    At the price paid, if it takes a couple thousand and a bit of time to work some minor bugs out I'd say you're still ahead of the game.

  74. #74ianjoub2023-01-08 20:09

    It is a strong machine. I think it will be a good machine after all the 'bugs' are worked out. Or the machine is 'finished being built', whichever the case

  75. #75ianjoub2023-01-08 21:29

    OMG, I am rolling on the floor laughing. I sent a message about no wires to the alternator and no charging. I got this video back! Ok, unsupported file. It is a short video of someone hooking up a battery charger to the battery on the loader. I guess there is no charging system despite the Kubota engine having an alternator on it.

  76. #7692U 34062023-01-08 23:27

    That is epic! Not a huge deal to hook up the alternator at least.

  77. #77zeroo2023-01-14 19:07

    Probably need a regulator.

  78. #78ianjoub2023-01-14 19:21

    I was going to research the alternator by part number. It is part of the Kubota engine assembly, not the chinese company's unit. I would be surprised if it is not internally regulated. As I said, I will research it first though. There is an alignment issue with the tensioner arm that holds the idlers. I have come up with a solution. I will post up with pics when I finally get back to it and effect the repairs. May be tomorrow or Monday. STAY TUNED

  79. #79zeroo2023-01-15 09:17

    You’re probably right, i wonder if it’s a 24v and thats why they don’t wire it up. Makes no sense to have functioning alternator and not use it.

  80. #80MarshallPowerGen2023-01-15 12:56

    Post up the engine model and alternator info when you have it. It's probably going to be one of the standard 3cyl Kubota kit engines that are in the Bobcat mini-tracks or light towers, so I probably have a wiring diagram somewhere on my computer.

  81. #81ianjoub2023-01-15 13:13

    My Kubota owners manual that came with the machines list engine models D1005_E4 3 cyl D1105-E4 3 cyl D1305-E4 3 cyl V1505-E4 4 cyl They are all 12v, 480w generators according to the manual. I have a wiring diagram in the book as well. I do not have the machine in front of me to ID which engine it is at the moment but there is only one wiring diagram for all models leading me to believe they are all the same except for the one extra wire for the 4tth glow plug on the 4th cylinder. What I do not understand is why they did not bother to wire in the charging circuit portion. Maybe it is in there tucked away and just not hooked up. It is currently like the arctic tundra here in FL (at least to us thin blooded folk). I may wait for 2 days until it gets back up above 70F to tackle this. I will keep you all informed.

  82. #8292U 34062023-01-15 13:49

    Should email them and ask them to send the battery charger they obviously forgot to include!

  83. #83zeroo2023-01-15 18:44

    And if they said too bad?

  84. #84ianjoub2023-01-22 13:32

    This is the track tensioner, grease actuated. When I remove the grease nipple, I am still unable to collapse it. I assume the spring and rubber nipple stop this from happening. This means I have to ability to collapse the tensioner to remove the track if needed as there is no access to this stuff with the track on. Can I remove the spring and rubber and still have it function properly? I would assume so and just have to be aware of explosive force on that nippple if I loosen it too much/too quickly. Is my logic sound?

  85. #85John C.2023-01-22 13:40

    I'm only guessing here but it looks like the body of that fitting going into the cylinder would be where you would release the grease from. The other thing in my mind is that on some systems you pump grease into cylinder to release tension on the tracks.

  86. #8692U 34062023-01-22 13:48

    Normally the spring is just there to absorb a shock load from accidentally bumping into something. I haven't seen a track adjuster yet that the spring actually keeps the track under tension. That is not to infer that such a setup does not exist, only that I haven't seen it.

  87. #87John C.2023-01-22 13:54

    Terex dozers all worked that way. To loosen the track you pumped grease into the cylinder which pushed the spring back. I've been seeing all kinds of odd things on CTLs so I just put it out there as a suggestion.

  88. #88ianjoub2023-01-22 13:59

    The large spring is there for if/when you bump into things. I have the tensioner collapsed in the pics. It extends 5-6" longer than what is pictured. The extension happens from pumping in grease. I am just unable to collapse it until I remo0ve the end cap which has the small spring and rubber plunger in it. I can not access that piece until the tensioner is removed from the track frame though. So, I can not collapse the tensioner to remove the track when the track is installed!

  89. #89ianjoub2023-01-22 14:03
  90. #90John C.2023-01-22 14:11

    I take it then that the packing gland of the cylinder is what is caging that spring?

  91. #91ianjoub2023-01-22 14:16

    The 2nd pic shows it in place, hard to see because of the grease. It is the metal 'cap' that holds the grease nipple. I do not think there is any seal in there. It is likely just a machined needle seat for the rubber plunger (needle) to seal on with the spring pressure (of the small spring). This prevents the grease from pushing back out of the grease nipple when compressing force is put on the cylinder even if the grease nipple is loosened or removed.

  92. #92John C.2023-01-22 14:18

    The fitting body is usually a cone with a drilled passage above the cone that lets the pressure off.

  93. #93ianjoub2023-01-22 14:22
  94. #94John C.2023-01-22 14:26

    Not the cap, the fitting going into the cylinder. On that one it is likely a slot in the threads that screw into the cylinder itself.

  95. #95zeroo2023-01-23 17:31

    Your track loader doesnt have charging, what about your mini x? How’s it doing?

  96. #96ianjoub2023-01-23 17:43

    Ex has charging, runs great. I did another 2.5 hrs on it today. I have yet to have any problems. My only complaint is the foot valve controls are a little sticky. I am hoping it is just a matter of use and they will wear in a bit.

  97. #97Vetech632023-01-23 17:48

    YIKES!!!!!!! This is kind of what I was expecting.

  98. #98zeroo2023-01-23 18:14

    Good

  99. #99ianjoub2023-04-29 10:38

    I finally received my trencher attachment. They had neglected to pack it in when they shipped the machines. They also sent me a pile of parts I mostly didn't need. I got 2 idler carriers (needed one), 2 tensioners, 2 tracks, and 2 wheel/roller groups. These were to fix the throwing a track problem. I thought I was very specific about what the problem was including pics, but didn't receive the major part I needed. This is where the 'idler carrier' slides in with the tensioner behind it inside. It is the track frame. It is one piece that the idlers bolt to and the tensioners reside in. It is bent which allows the tensioned idler to misalign, then throws the track. I bent it back and rewelded it. The weld held, but the bottom part bent away again. This time around I bent it back, drilled it and through bolted it with 1/2" grade 8 bolt. I pinched it down good once I had the track back on and tensioned properly. Hopefully this will provide the extra strength needed. I will now send a video and more pics of the problem and see if they will send me the track frame itself.

  100. #100ianjoub2023-04-29 13:08

    https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=933886997936591

  101. #101Btad2023-05-22 23:19

    Would you do it again?

  102. #102ianjoub2023-05-22 23:36

    Yes, I would. The mini ex is flawless. I am still hoping the company will come through with the last part I need to make the skid loader right. I have jury rigged it and it works fine. If they don't send the track frame I need, I will remove the current one and fix it properly and reinstall.

  103. #103motionclone2024-02-19 18:27

    Man you are brave. Any new updates/developments?

  104. #104ianjoub2024-02-19 19:54

    No problems other than what was noted above. The mini ex is close to 100 hrs now. I likely should grease it and do an oil change.

  105. #105ianjoub2026-08-31 17:26

    ok, Mini Ex finally bit me. It started smoking like a bear, went through a quart of oil an hour, maybe more. I bought a D1105 (Kubota diesel motor) rebuild kit on Amazon for $250 or so and started the tear down. As I disassembled, I see the air filter housing is broken. I sucked sand through it unknowingly until the smoking started. The sand/dirt was 1/4" thick in the intake manifold. I put the new pistons, rings, gaskets in it and did a quick hone on the cylinders (they were smooth and shiny, no grooving). I may finish the install tonight or tomorrow and start it. I redesigned the air filter situation so should not have this particular problem again.

  106. #106CM19952026-08-31 18:26

    Well that sucks.

  107. #107ianjoub2026-09-01 20:38

    Rebuild is done. 5 minutes of oil burning out of the exhaust had me worried, but it cleared up and runs well again.

  108. #108Pony2026-09-02 01:04

    What broke the filter housing? Bad components or operator error.

  109. #109ianjoub2026-09-02 08:55

    Cheap thin metal housing and vibration. The filter housing is inside the engine cowling, never came into contact with anything. The break was on the backside of the housing. There was no way to see it until the housing was removed from the ex or the filter was removed from the housing.

  110. #110ianjoub2026-09-02 22:10

    As can be seen in the picture, the metal housing cracked/broke. This was the back side. There was no way to see this when installed in the ex.