Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

SED in the UK

Johnny English ยท 2009-05-12 16:36

Anybody going to SED in the Uk this week?

Replies3
  1. #1AtlasRob2009-05-12 17:22

    I plan to be there on Thursday but you know what happens to plans in this industry Got to Euroauctions on the Friday for the 10t > exc I will post some pics later in the week, very educational and managed NOT to spend any money

  2. #2Johnny English2009-05-13 17:10

    Sed We went to SED today, it was poor really compared to other years, no caterpillar, komatsu, volve, terex, hitachi. Only half the amount of stands from other years and under half the amount of visitors. We still had a good day but there wasn't as much as normal. Spoke to our finning rep on the phone and he blamed the prices for ehibiting at SED were too high to warrant going, they'd rather take us on a factory visit and demo ground for a fraction of the cost at Desford. So we've still got a day out from cat's.

  3. #3AtlasRob2009-05-14 16:18

    I have to agree with you. It was my first time at Corby and I cant say I was impressed but I have to put it in context with the state of the economy I achieved what I went for and met the people I wanted to see so in that respect it was a success fingers crossed that next year we will all be so busy that we cant spare the time to support the manufacturers that felt it wasnt worth it this year.