Dear peers, I’m in urgent need of your expertise: does anyone know of a platform akin to [k-part.com](https://k-part.com/) for Caterpillar? Such a tool is critical for streamlining our operations. Your insights could be the linchpin for our project's success. Thank you in advance for sharing your knowledge!
It's called the Caterpillar SIS system and you need to pay a subscription to access it, the same as K-part.com. https://www.westrac.com.au/technology/sis
Try https://avspare.com/caterpillar/
I can use it with multiple users. To create an account in sis2, I have to create with the distributor in my country but I don't want to buy from them. Buying directly from Caterpillar is crazy. I don't understand why Caterpillar sells 5 times the real price.
They have a huge, global corporation with many tens of thousands of employees, and a vast array of properties, plus design, research and manufacturing facilities to support. Aftermarket suppliers have nothing like the above to support, so they sell parts and components much cheaper. Also, most aftermarket suppliers manufacture their products in low-labour-cost countries. No-one forces you to buy from Caterpillar. There are often many alternatives available if the Caterpillar price is unrealistically high. Of course, Caterpillar deal with many global mining and contracting companies with huge fleets, and they rarely care what they pay for parts and component prices - so they set the trend for Caterpillar pricing.
Thanks for the information and level of explanation of Caterpillar prices. But we are not very big. But regarding SIS 2, do multiple people can connect with the same user. What if a Malaysian supplier doesn't want to give me that service because they want me to buy from them and I'm not going to buy him. There is an alternative to get sIS 2
Multiple people can connect with SIS 2 if they have the username and password. You can access SIS 2 by purchasing a subscription, without incurring any obligation to purchase genuine Caterpillar parts.