Hi All, I know a lot of people have their preference to OEMs but I am ready to pull the trigger on buying a track loader possibly an excavator too. I acquired 40 acres raw land in upstate Ny. It is flat relatively speaking and predominently wooded although there are 2 ponda 1 /4 acre and 3 acre and maybe 6-7 acres cleared. Land was neglected for many years and major overgrowth and deadstanding and downed trees. We hired someone to doze a few trails and bush hog first pass to at least see what we had. We have rented for our own use an excavator and Bobcat track loader. I can see the value in having both. We have an old Ford 9N we used for mowing and tilling up back field for food plots. There is still much work to be done. 5 year plan is building a home. At this point it makes more sense for us to buy vs hire it out since we can do a lot of the clean up ourselves. Looking at used CTLs under 1500 hrs and a few years old. Pretty much want to know if there is a particular brand we should steer clear from. We like the Bobcat and Kubota but there is a New Holland and an occasional used Deere here as well that we may consider. Don't know anything about the Taks. Feedback from any experts on flaws, issues on recent designs??
No replies yet.