Well, I went ahead and picked up this old D6d. I'm wondering if anyone can help me out with some info. It has a cool Semi-U blade on it that looks like it may be a bit newer than the dozer. My previous D6d's were all straight blade with a lot of slop. This is tight and had never been skinned. There are also some spots on the hardnose that have old welds where it looks like something used to be attached. My theory is that perhaps this was an old pipelayer, and the rigging was cut off and a newer blade put on. Can anyone help out with this or any other info from the serial info? Serial # 4X4428(New number system will be 04X4428) Arrangement # 8P1544 I'm gonna need seals for tilt cylinder, and am trying to track down info on the blade. I didn't see a plate on it. Any info on this machine would be appreciated!
Thats a TD 15 B or C blade, they always had a semi U blade. Operated 3 from new in NZ and they all had that blade, good shape to them, much better than Cats straight blade of the same era.
When I saw the pics that was my first thought as well. There are a few D6C & D's running TD-15C blades in my neck of the woods.
Nice, I like D6D's, too bad its bare back, they can do alot for the size they are.
Thanks guys! Fantastic info! Can anyone tell me anything else like the original sales area or configuration? Now I need to try and figure out how to find tilt seals for a td15!
Try to find an ID tag on the blade or cylinder. A good seal shop could likely match the seals.