We had a few really bad storms lately and the roads are getting narrowed in. All of our equipment and operators are going out straight making room for more snow. Make a long story short we rented this Deere to help out. I voluteered to operate it, so the last couple of days have been a blast. It has the extended wing so I'm benching with it. This has a tilt wing on it but I'm thinking it's hooked up wrong as all it will do is angle ahead. In the picture the angle of the wing is as far back as it will go. Be nice if it would come back more as some of the snowbanks are very hard.
When does your snow go off? Might pull a trailer or two up your way this year.
Usually towards the end of April we see the last of it.
Interesting pics Grader4me. Say if I understand you correctly, the wing will tilt forward like a moldboard? If thats the case why or how would that be of any real use? Also when you say extended wing are you saying it's longer or from the pics it looks like it has a ram that you can extend from the cab. I have been running blades for our local county and our ski resort with wings and have never seen anything like that. Furthermore, thats pretty neat that you are able to rent a machine with a wing on it. We have had a few big storms out our way and people would give there eye teeth to rent a machine with a wing on it. PS: Make sure you keep that thing on your side of the country for crying out loud.. if people could rent that out here our poor old snow blower would be out of work. ointhead Thanks Joe
Hello there joedirt, the back of the wing will extend outwards another two feet. Great for benching and shoving back snowbanks. Notice the piston on the arm near the back of the wing. You extend it from inside the cab. We have this on our Champion graders to. Tilt on the wing....this is why I was hoping to get a little feedback from anyone who has tried one. First time for me. If this was set up right I think it would be a good rig. Let me explain...When the top of the wing is leaning ahead, lets say past the cutting edge, then it won`t cut as well. The further the top leans the more it will ride up on the hard snow banks. Notice in the picture the angle of the wing. That angle is okay but when I was out benching it would ride up on the harder snow banks. If I could have tilted the top back further, then it would have cut better. Benching with the wing angle laid back would have cut the banks easier, when flat blading I wouldn`t want the wing to be that aggressive so I would lean the wing ahead a little more. Wing tilt would work well. The way this is set up the top of the wing will almost touch the ground when leaned ahead. Again, I think its hooked up wrong. Can`t find any advantage to it hooked up that way. The guy we rent from has a couple more with plow and wing setups. I`m sure he would send one to you..if you have the bucks... On edit..there is a video on here somewheres of a wing tilt. I remember commenting on it.
Well found what I was looking for on the wing tilt. I knew there was info on here somewheres about it. I forgot all about that post. Good lord, I'm getting old and senile :Banghead Looks like the same set up. Not sure if it trips as I never hit anything hard.