How does one go about finding work for a self loader in Washington state?
What part of the state? I would contact all the local log yards, log buyers & gyppo loggers with your contact info.
Hit every logger and mill with your info. What Haulback said. Be careful, once you unload, it can be hard to get paid. Be hard nosed how and when you get paid. A self loader costs more to run than a long logger, it has to pay at least half again more than a long truck. What kind of a set up do you have? Power poles are an option too.
Make them pay via mill holdout.
Thanks for advice I haven’t made purchase yet still looking. Hope to have truck going by spring. I’m in western Washington.
I see plenty of self-loaders running around between thurston and snohomish... hard to say if they're self-loading all the time or just filling in.
I know that a guy can keep one busy for sure. Don' be afraid to yank the loader I. Winter and haul straight logs either.
I made purchase should be on the road by 15th of this month. Nothing fancy but easy to work on. I appreciate the advice and any other help you can offer.
What area are you based out of? That will help send you leads.
Buckley but willing to travel.